Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation that won't pill

Hi everyone - I am looking for a recommendation for a makeup foundation that won't pill.  Right now I am using a drugstore foundation - Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless - but it does not seem to interact well with my other skincare products.  It's definitely not an issue of timing - there are days that I don't put on my makeup for 2-3 hours after finishing my skincare routine.  My makeup routine is fairly simple - I just use foundation, blush, and mascara, so I'm not looking to complicate things too much.    

If it's relevant, my pre-makeup skincare routine is: cleanser, toner, serums (alternate between Paula's Choice Niacinamide/Sunday Riley Retinol & Paula's Choice Vitamin C/Inkey Hyaluronic Acid), Olehenriksen banana eye cream, a moisturizer (Tatcha Water Cream or Paula's Choice Omega Moisturizer).  I have tried varying the moisturizers, but am still getting the pilling with all of them, so I am fairly confident the foundation is the culprit.  

Thanks in advance!

Re: Foundation that won't pill

Maybe try to find a lightweight foundation? One that I really love is the Rare beauty foundation another lightweight one is the Tarte sea water foundation. It also depends on what sunscreen you are using and what primer you are using. A good sunscreen are the Missha sunscreens (it's a Korean brand) and a good primer that I liked was the LANEIGE Glowy Makeup Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing