Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Foundation problem

Hello! I was needing some suggestions on moisturizers. Cause they say put a moisturizer on before my foundation. I’m looking for something that wouldn’t make my face feel greasy and make my make up slide all over. Any suggestions?

Re: Foundation problem

@TJmason @What’s your skin type?

Hi @TJmason!

Skincare products including moisturizer and sunscreen always need to be used before foundation.  Having a good skincare and prep routine are the most important in order to have a good base to work on.

A basic routine is cleaner, toner, serum, moisturizer, sunscreen during the day, and primer is a good idea.  After those, I start applying foundation/concealer.  I usually blot my face after sunscreen and again after foundation/concealer to remove excess oils.

You need to take into account your skin type (oily, dry, normal, combo) when choosing skincare products and foundation.  Since you said you don't want greasy skin, I'm guessing you have oily skin but correct me if I'm wrong.

For oily skin, you should use a gel or lightweight moisturizer.  My favorite is Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m....  The hyaluronic acid helps hydrate my skin.

Another good one is the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL 

A great full coverage foundation for oily skin is Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 8N1 Espresso (not this color).  It's matte enough that you don't need to apply setting powder.

If you're looking for more light/medium coverage, I recommend the Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation 4 Warm 

It would help to know your skin type, @TJmason

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing