Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation help

I need help finding a foundation that doesn’t do this to my skin.. maybe I’m applying it weird or something. I use Mac fix plus as a primer and currently using tarte’s water foundation and translucent powder to set it. Any suggestions on anything? 

96FE6759-A3DF-4DDB-B53D-A7BDC965129D.jpeg

Tags:

Re: Foundation help

I'm using this foundation right now, and I've had this happen to me a few times as well. I'm still not really sure what combination of products causes it - on the days it doesn't do this it looks fabulous and lasts forever! I would definitely go with a different primer first thing. Also make sure any dry skin patches are moisturizer and/or exfoliate; it seems to cling to dry patches. I also suspect that it's not terribly fond of setting spray. I would try with a smoothing, hydrating primer and go very very light with a very fine translucent finishing powder. 

Re: Foundation help

Ok. Ok I did foundation this morning to see how it went, and with this combo, it's gone on fine:
cleanse, tone, serum, moisturizer, elf hydrating primer (not really my fave, but it has a really 'slick' texture, and my usual porefessional was causing my serum to roll up and create an uneven surface). Apply with brush, then buff a bit with a clean fluffy kabuki, then very very very light finishing powder (I used manakadar hd perfecting powder bc it isn't as fluffy as some, very fine but also sticks down.) NO setting spray. I thought no it was important that everything was absorbed/dried down before moving on, otherwise the pigments were clumping.
IMG_7329.JPGIgnore my grumpy skin texture...Ignore my grumpy skin texture...

RE: Foundation help

@Repete1012 I think you need to use an actual primer, not a setting spray. Then use a foundation with a thicker consistency, set with your powder then spray your fix + over top. From the way your foundation is breaking up, my guess is that you have oily skin. Try the Too Faced Peach primer and foundation. I love that line.

Agree with @darlyndar I would suspect you have oily or co...

Agree with @darlyndar I would suspect you have oily or combination skin and need a primer such as the Too Faced one as a base for your foundation to stick to.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • 96FE6759-A3DF-4DDB-B53D-A7BDC965129D.jpeg
  • Ignore my grumpy skin texture...
testing