From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Foundation for yellow-olive undertone oily skin?

I have fair to more light skin.

No price range, just tired of getting too pink of a foundation!

Re: Foundation for yellow-olive undertone oily skin?

1) Coverfx power play (look for the + beside the number), 2) Fenty Beauty pro filt'r soft matte longwear foundation 130 for light to extra light skin, 3) Dior Backstage Face and Body foundation in the olive tones, 4) Make Up For Ever Ultra HD foundation. 

I numbered these from best to not as long lasting (as far as my experience with them goes). 

RE: Foundation for yellow-olive undertone oily skin?

The ones that I found for fair to light with yellow under tones: Nars, MUFE, Dior, and MAC. I am not sure about olive under tones. Most manufacturers start adding that to the medium shade ranges.

RE: Foundation for yellow-olive undertone oily skin?

I’ve heard smashbox is good for yellow undertones

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation stick works wonders for my skin. It comes in a lot of shades and I would highly recommend getting color matched in the store. 

I don't have an oily skin suggestion but nothing has matched my light yellow-olive skin than Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua foundation 213. This is one of the few foundations with a true olive undertone which matches the green tint that I have.

Most yellow toned foundations without the correct olive undertone just make me look orange. Neutral and cool toned foundations look completely wrong, either too pink or ashy.

Stellar limitless foundation in S01 is just as green, but a bit lighter in case you need something more fair.

estee doublewear foundation

estee doublewear foundation

Look for a neutral tone. What are you looking for in a foundation..form, coverage level etc?

I prefer more medium/full coverage and matte foundations

I have yellow-olive undertones and neutral undertone isn't the answer, unfortunately. It looks way too pink.

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing