Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation for very dry skin?

Recommendations for a medium to full coverage foundation that works with very dry and patchy skin? Tried so many. Most of them always cling to dry patches as my skin is so dry (am using moisturizers/primers)

Re: Foundation for very dry skin?

@Lauraaaaaaaaaaa  I really like tarte babassu foundcealer™ skincare foundation 

When I was on accutane and my skin was super dry, flaky, and patchy the only thing I liked was the Josie Maran Vibrancy foundation!

Seconding this product, @Lauraaaaaaaaaaa @sydtomato (although the shade range could be more inclusive). It works great on my dry skin when I lived a cold arid environment. I prefer a brush then a blender to apply.

@Lauraaaaaaaaaaa 

When despite my best efforts my dryness takes over, which is generally in Jan - Feb, I switch to a serum based foundation like ILIA True Skin Medium Coverage Serum Foundation with Niacinamide 

@Lauraaaaaaaaaaa I have dry skin as well, and a new foundation (well, new to me) I've been enjoying for medium coverage is the MERIT The Minimalist Perfecting Complexion Foundation and Concealer Stick Sand . It has a nice natural finish and hasn't clung to any texture or dry patches. The Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation is great for medium-full coverage for me. For true full coverage foundation, I find that I can make any work as long as I use a beauty blender to apply and apply in thin layers over a very moisturizing primer, like Hourglass N° 28 Primer Serum then locked in with a setting spray. 

@Lauraaaaaaaaaaa @Mcakes 

Completely agree about the Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation  it is amazing. However, if you would like a more dewy finish for Spring/Summer; their newest foundation is just as amazing. Shiseido Synchro Skin Radiant Lifting Foundation  Same coverage as the original and is buildable as well.

It’s been in my rotation for about a month now and I’m really enjoying it (so much so that I bought a backup bottle during this sale.)

@StellaBG I haven't tried that Radiant version yet! Ugh, I keep saying I'm DONE shopping this sale... 🙈

@Mcakes 

Ha... I said that too, but have had 2 deliveries, 1 in store visit and I have 3 more orders waiting to be shipped. Those “back in stock” notifications get me every single time. I guess I forgot that I can ignore those notifications? (Not really though 🤣😂)

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing