Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation for my confusing skin

I really need a new foundation that works for my skin. My forehead gets oily through the day, but also, all foundations that I’ve tried have clung to dry patches on the rest of my face. I have hormonal acne on my cheeks and chin that I want to cover up, but I don’t want my foundation to look cakey or to crease easily. I also really want to avoid my foundation separating on my face throughout the day. Any suggestions?

Re: Foundation for my confusing skin

Hey beauty!

We understand how hard it can be to find your perfect foundation that works for you. How about the BECCA - Ultimate Coverage 24-Hour Foundation? The formula lasts for 24H on the skin and is full coverage without making the skin look cakey - we promise! All you need is one pump to perfect your skin. If you purchase, let us know how you like it! ❤️

Anonymous Insider

@dmcclem Hi!!!! I’ve got like the EXACT same problems as you. Lol. I’ve got dry patches, oily t zone, I love some coverage for my redness, and I HATE a separating foundation. I warm up cetaphil moisturizer between my fingers, put that on my dry patches, and wait for the to dry. Then, I use my Smashbox Photo Finish Smooth & Blur Oil-Free Foundation Primer 1 oz/ 30 mLand warm that up between my fingers, put that over EVERYTHING because it makes my face feel like a baby’s butt.😂 (Smooths everything out) Finally, I use my holy grail foundation, Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Brulee, on a damp beauty sponge. (You don’t need much) then I set everything but my dry patches with KVD Beauty Lock-It Setting Powder Standard Size Translucent - 0.67 ozI’ll insert a picture of this foundation after eight HOURS of wear WITHOUT ONE TOUCH UP. Idk know if you can tell (you’re not supposed to be able to😂😉) but I have a pretty severe dry patch on the left side of my mouth. I hope I helped! 😊

59117BD6-7720-47DD-B996-2701556FD405.jpeg

Ok I'm just throwing this out there, but... you look gorgeous! I love your eyeshadow look as well. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Aweeeee thank you soooo much😁😊💗

RE: Re: Foundation for my confusing skin

What shade of the Born this way do you wear?

Hey so I have similar problems to I currently use Becca foundation which I do like but the color match is a little difficult. As far as separating foundation and cakeyness, I use a water moisturizer instead of primer because it is moisturizing but doesn’t add another layer for potential Cakeyness, for the oily parts of your skin set with a powder. For the foundation that clings to the dry parts use a wet beauty blender and for some reason for me when I work for the outer of my face to inner when applying my foundation this Cakey dry patch happening is avoided. Another tip is don’t apply so much foundation when your trying to cover up the acne, first focus on making your skin one even tone and then to cover up the hormonal acne and use a concealer but apply it directly to the blemish an then pat around the area with your finger so that you are not just blending the concealer off your face and back I the brush or whipping it off , I use nars concealer. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucentbelif Hungarian Water Essence 2.53 oz/ 75 mLNARS Radiant Creamy Concealer BiscuitNARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer - CustardI Hope this helps.bye!

I'm not sure about specific foundation choices, but you might want to try incorporating a sheet mask into your routine for added moisture. You can also try mixing your foundation with a small amount of moisturizer when applying it. You can also try using a setting powder just on those areas that are super oily. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • 59117BD6-7720-47DD-B996-2701556FD405.jpeg
testing