Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Foundation - finishing powder

Hey everyone, wondering about the purpose of finishing powder. When do you use it and when don’t you? I like my makeup to last at least 12 hours and sometimes it is hard with my cheeks. Thoughts?

RE: Foundation - finishing powder

To my understanding a finishing powder is a final step that is meant to add an effect to the skin. If that makes sense. Like for example a setting powder is meant to lock everything in place, but dusting a finishing powder is meant to maybe illuminate or brighten. I personally own the Laura Mercier Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder-I live in Florida and I have oily skin so I find that I need to heavily set my face with setting powders in order for it to have staying power. Sometimes after I’m finished layering my powders and my bronzer/blush/etc I feel as if my skin is looking a bit dry. That’s when I like to go in with the Laura powder on a fluffy brush and dust it all over. It gives a light glowy finish and adds life back to my face after layering on so many matte powders. You can buy different powders labeled as “finishing powders” with different effects that will suit your specific needs. I hope this helps!
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing