Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
Anonymous Insider

Foundation color match

I received a sample of Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation. it's in Tan-Honey. I feel like it matches well, but I want to make sure. What's the best way to match it? I don't have a Sephora near me.

Re: Foundation color match

@Anonymous  I always find the best spot to check if a shade is a match for me is in the visor mirror in my car during the day.  For some reason it always shows me when a match is off.  As for finding the right colour, if you find a shade that matches you in a different foundation, there are lots of sites you can use to find a shade match in a different formula or brand.  I tend to use the one on Sephora's site and find that it's a pretty good resource. Good Luck!

Re: Foundation color match

Try the foundation on and go outside in natural light. If it looks like your skin on natural light then, that is your color. Match it through the Tarte shade finder on the Sephora website. Go to the Tarte brand and then choose the foundation. Click the shade finder under the foundation and then go through the steps. It will ask you to choose the brand and color of a perfect matching foundation that you already own. Once you do that, the system will either find the "exact" match or the "closest" match for you. I hope this helps. I have attached a link if that helps. Good luck. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing