Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Foundation Survey

Hello,

My name is Conch and I am a graduate student working towards my masters in Technical Entrepreneurship at Lehigh University. For my program, I must create a solution to a problem in an industry of choice. So, because I love make-up, I decided on the cosmetics industry.

So, I need your help! What are some frustrations that you have with foundation?

Also, if you don't mind, please answer this survey! 

Foundation Survey

I have a light-medium (or rather deep-light) skin tone, BUT I also have true olive undertones. A lot of cosmetic brands and beauty advice from magazines, blogs, etc. seem to use "olive" interchangeably with "tan." This is not 100% accurate, and unfortunately it leaves out the needs of olive-undertoned people with lighter complexions. Some brands are better than others, but it is a crapshoot for me most of the time to find foundation, concealer, lip, and cheek color. I've NEVER walked away from a MAC counter with good looking foundation on my face. I don't buy foundation because I rarely use it, and don't want to go through the hassle of matching/buying/returning 17 different bottles. I stick with sheer tinted fluid like Glossier Skin Tint or some type of sheer tinted moisturizer/sunscreen. I am 27 right now with pretty good skin; however, in the future I know that I will want something that covers more. Usually when I get color matched the results are too light, too orange, or too ashy.

Foundation Survey

I would say that liquid foundation not lasting long enough is a frustration, looks great when it's applied but after a few hours not so great, this is why I resort to using powder formulas...

Re: Foundation Survey

Like for me, the lack of shade-range is my biggest frustration!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing