Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Finding Color IQ Numbers Of Foundation Shades?

How/where can I find the correct corresponding Color IQ Number for a specific shade of foundation that is made by a certain makeup brand, and is carried at Sephora (i.e. brands such as Dior, Cover FX, Make Up For Ever, etc.) and be able to find the Color IQ numbers when I am not in a Sephora store at the time, and am instead trying to find them on my computer or iPhone?

For example, if I normally wear the Make Up For Ever “Ultra HD Foundation Stick” in the shade R330 and I want to know what the exact Color IQ number is for that specific R330 shade in the Make Up For Ever Ultra Foundation Stick, how would I find it without physically being in a Sephora store? 

Each specific foundation shade that a makeup brand creates (and carries at Sephora) has a corresponding color IQ number to it, and I am curious how I can find each shade’s Color IQ number from home by searching on my computer, iPhone, etc. and how I can find the Color IQ numbers for all foundation shades across all brands that are carried by Sephora, and be able to do this while I am not physically in a Sephora store location. Can anyone help?

Re: Finding Color IQ Numbers Of Foundation Shades?

I was just having this problem and I couldn't find a way to translate it into a color IQ, but https://my.makeup.land/ lets you put in a makeup that matches you (and you can add a few options to this) and it'll list a series of other products that are in the same shade. 

I haven't tested it personally since I just found it and there's a disclaimer on its site that says it's run by AI, but that's honestly good enough for me. There doesn't seem to be a way to filter results, but it's the best I've found and hopefully that helps :). 

Findation --- also allows you to do this. I have used the siggestions several times and have loved the results.

Does anyone know the shade iq for the it cosmetics foundation+skincare in the shade fair neutral 11?

My shade is cover FX natural finish foundation in P100, do you know the color iq number for this?

what would the color iq be for the shade 1cr

What is the color IQ for the Too Faced Born This Way foundation in light beige? 

@bellaloveskpop It is 1Y08.

Sephora has a place on their website you can find your Color IQ:

https://www.sephora.com/color-iq

You can select the brand and then product and it will give you your Color IQ. If you know your number, you can enter it and look at other foundation options.

It appears your MUFE Stick Foundation is 2R06 in Color IQ.

Just remember, the Color IQ is an educated guess. I find it can be a good starting point for shade matching but please take it with a grain of salt.

Hi! I’ve also been struggling with my Color IQ Match. I went into a Sephora store and was color matched, but the shade was wayyy too dark. We settled on NARS New Caledonia Dark2. Do you happen to know the Color IQ for this shade? I’ve tried following your instructions but the link didn’t have the it where a I could find my match 😭 

Hi @nowandthenjen  The Color IQ number for that shade is 1Y13. You can type that number in the search bar and it will pull up all your matches. 

Could you help me with my colour IQ too? I got my shade my SF8 Catalina or Milos by Ilia

Sephora is truly the best. Thank you!

You are a life saver!!!  I've been searching and searching!!! 🙂

@ShortErica 
13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing