Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Eye bags show through everything

I have pretty bad dark circles but almost flawless skin everywhere else. I cant find a concealer/ colourcorrecter or combination of both that will hide my dark circles without looking cakey under my eyes only as i only use a very light bb cream for foundation. Also creasing is a huge problem too. Anyone have any recommendations or solutions? I've tried baking the under eye area but it doesnt really work for me

Re: Eye bags show through everything

I have yet to find a color corrector that I really like, but the Tarte maracuja creaseless concealer is amazing.  It really keeps the under eye area looking hydrated because of the maracuja oil in it.  Baking doesn't work for me either because it makes my under eyes look dry.  The tarte concealer doesn't have to be baked or set with a powder.  If you do set it, a light dusting is all you would really need.

Anonymous Insider

I've heard Shape Tape by Tarte is supposed to be amazing for concealing.  Look up Youtuber Rachhloves and she has a video of it.  Makes them disappear.

Have you tried color correcting or using a brightening paste before putting on concealer? I've heard really great things about the becca under eye brightening correcter! Also this is more of a long term solution but you'll get less creasing with properly hydrated under eye area. I have a lot of issues with creasing as well and nothing seems to help - someone suggested this and I am just starting to try it out now by apply extra moisturizer to my eye area in the morning. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/under-eye-brightening-corrector-P393661?skuId=1660547&icid2=products...

RE: Eye bags show through everything

What I like to do is use a super light concealer on the inside of the lower eye area. Then on the outside of the eye bags i go in with a concealer that is my skin tone. It helps to camo the dark circles and bags out. Still bake under the eyes but only go in with bright light concealer to about half way under the eye. The other half I like to use one that's pretty close to my skin tone. I noticed that helped me. I have severe bags and discoloration.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing