Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Dry winter Skin

I have really noticed throughout the day in winter my cheeks and under eye area gets really dry and my makeup looks blotchy and flaky. my forehead however is never dry. what can I use for a day moisturizer that will keep my face super hydrated and supple under my eyes and on my cheeks and what can I use different on my forehead area??

Re: Dry winter Skin

@Anlynne,

I know how you feel! I highly recommend using some moisturizing masks if you have not already tried some. I recommend the Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask or the SEPHORA COLLECTION Jelly Mask Moisturizing & Energizing https://www.sephora.com/product/jelly-mask-moisturizing-energizing-P395167?icid2=products%20grid:p39...

❤️ Melissa

@melissabt thank you for the suggestions, I mask regularly, a different mask each night, I rotate between moisture masks, glycolic peels, charcoal detox masks and overnight masks. My skin feels great until about mid day and under my eyes looks dried out. Maybe its partially my concealer?? Maybe I need a more moisturizing concealer.

@Anlynne,

That's great!:) I bet it is your concealer too. I noticed sometimes with certain ones myself that they are too matte or thick tend to look dry in the middle of the day even though I still used the same skincare. I have found that the Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer has a good amount of coverage and it is also pretty hydrating as well.

https://www.sephora.com/product/born-this-way-super-coverage-multi-use-sculpting-concealer-P432298?i...

❤️ Melissa

@melissabt thank you! I actually use their foundation; I definitely need something hydrating and that wont settle into fine lines under my eyes. 

@Anlynne,

Awesome! I use it too, I recently had to pick up another bottle and a different shade for winter.

❤️ Melissa

@melissabt I unfortunately don't live near a Sephora so I either have to try samples to get my color or risk ordering online (yikes) do you have any other suggestions for foundations that work well, hydrating and good coverage?

@Anlynne,

I have not tried this one yet but, it looks like good hydrating option and it is new as well! It has a medium-full coverage finish.

Dior Dior Forever Skin Glow 24h* Wear Radiant Perfection Skin-Caring Foundation

https://www.sephora.com/product/forever-glow-foundation-P439941?keyword=dior%20glow%20foundation&sku...

❤️ Melissa

@BlondeGurrl thank you for the tips! I usually use a toner, serum, cream AND oil and my makeup looks great until about lunch and then I notice under my eye area looks dry and you can really see my makeup in spots. I don't think my forehead is really oily but it gets shiny, whereas nothing else on my face does! I really feel I need a good moisturizer that will continue to keep my skin hydrated through the day!

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing