Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Drunk Elephant-Results already and worth the splurge?

I have gotten a number of deluxe samples of some DE products and have noticed my skin looks more luminous and some of my fine lines have improved. I am 37, normal to dry skin, only occasional acne. I have convinced myself that DE is the best skincare on the planet (they hype online, the sleek packaging, ingredients used). I have been using theC-Firma, Baby Facial, Framboos and Lala retro products. I have only been using for about a week or two and I swear between the C-Firma andFramboos (sometimes I use a different moisturizer), my skin looks better (fine lines have become less noticeable, more glowing skin). Could I really be seeing results that fast or is it in my head? I am really loving these two products (and the baby facial), but it is SO spendy. I currently use The Inkey products. They are fine, budget friendly (I splurge on makeup more than skincare TBH). Are the DE products, specifically the 3 I mentioned worth it or can I get similar results with cheaper products, and if so, which ones? How long do full size DE products last? If I could only get one (C-Firma, Baby Facial or Framboos), which would be the one to get?

Re: Drunk Elephant-Results already and worth the splurge?

Hey @mrsw09 I wont' deny that I have definitely been enticed by DE's packaging and their style and formulation but I will call out that the hype is a bit echo chambered - there are a lot of known issues with drunk elephant with many of their prior advocates now denouncing the brand over things like BLM, the way they treat their consumers/partners and fear mongering. 

You'll generally find that AHA/BHA (like Framboos) and Vitamin C (like C-Firma) take 6 to 12 weeks respectively for fine lines to have a noticable difference. I definitely find though right after using any chemical exfoliant though that my skin does look glowy just from getting rid of the dead skin. 

Personally I find a 1oz (30ml) product will last around 2 months with daily use if its being dispensed using a pump. If you want some alternatives this is what I've seen called out as viable dupes

• For Framboos - Paula's choice Advanced Smoothig Treatment 10% AHA and Farmacy HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids have both been heavily compared
  • For C-Firma - Paula's Choise C15 booster, Timeless Vitamin C+E Ferulic Acid, Skin Deva Vitamin C+E Ferulic Acid all have similar ingredients at similar %. The original Vitamin C+E Ferulic Acid is Skinceuticals (but they are more expensive then DE) and I believe they are sueing DE over the formulation
  • For Baby Facial - Iv'e never tried any of these since this % of acid is not legally allowed in Canada but the ordinary 30% AHA + 2% BHA and Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 25% AHA + 2% BHA are both supposed to be similar for active ingredients

RE: Re: Drunk Elephant-Results already and worth the splurge?

Thanks for the response! I will look into the dupes you mentioned. I have seen others online mention specifically mention Paula’s Choice. I appreciate your suggestions!

Re: Drunk Elephant-Results already and worth the splurge?

Hi @mrsw09!

If the DE products are working for you, I say go for it!  They are a bit pricey but you could try the mini sizes and see if you still like the product or not.  You can return them if you don't like them, too.

I would go with the product that targets your skincare needs the best out of the 3 you have been using or the one that has been working the best.

I sometimes see "fast results" when I start using a product, too.  A good tip is to take photos of your face everyday in the same lighting or same time of day and see if there are any changes!

RE: Re: Drunk Elephant-Results already and worth the splurge?

Thanks for the response. I have thought about getting a mini version to see if using it a bit longer I still like it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Re: RE: Re: Drunk Elephant-Results already and worth the splurge?

I totally agree with @RAWRitsRED. Also, have a friend, family member, or even a Sephora beauty advisor at your local store (for a second opinion) look at the pictures you took of yourself after 30 days and they will tell you if they visibly see a change in your skin. That way, you won't think it's just all in your head.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing