Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Dermarollers - Yay or Nay

Hi beauties! So there's this curiosity of a product I have regarding skincare. Have you heard of these Micro Needles Derma Rollers? What it is: A roller made up of little needles prickling your skin, and tricking it to renew skin cells by repairing itself. It is known to help with; acne scars, spot marks, scar removal, stretch marks, cellulite, wrinkles, hair loss, collagen production for more elastic skin. They're somewhat trending and I wanted some feedback on such product: does it work? pros & cons, etc. especially with peeps like me that has acne prone skin and visible blemish scarring from the past. Sephora does not sell them unfortunately. But I just wanted to know if anyone has tried using it. Thanks!

Tags:

Re: Dermarollers - Yay or Nay

I have experience with dermaneedling tools in a skincare facility and at home. If you need to repair pitted scars, you will need a needle with a longer length that is only safe to use in a professional facility. Initially, I thought that the professional dermaneedling sessions were effective for my uneven skin texture and plumping, but I realized that the results were just the swelling. After the swelling subsided, I didn't see any visible improvement. I only did four sessions, but I expected results after four. Perhaps, I needed to squeeze in a few sessions, but ultimately, it was not worth the price. Maybe I needed to check out a different place.

The at-home dermaneedling tools may be okay for fading hyperpigmentation. It won't do much for pitted scars and stretch marks. Probably better than nothing. However, do not expect a miracle overnight. I used the at-home tool for around five months and honestly, it didn't do much for me and I experienced more breakouts. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin though. Also, it is such a hassle to disinfect before and after, but I am rather lazy. I would say that you should try it out at least! Maybe you'll have better luck. Just want to let you know that it is not a miracle treatment for scars from my experience. 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing