Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

DATE NIGHT FOUNDATION HELP

This is my first time posting so I hope I am doing it right. I need help with either a foundation or a good routine for a foundation that won't rub off on my boyfriends nose/face. I have tried everything, smashbox foundation, estee lauder, too faced peach matte, I use primer, powder, setting sprays. Nothing is working and he's getting annoyed lol. Thanks for any tips/tricks/ideas! 🙂 

Re: DATE NIGHT FOUNDATION HELP

Wow! That sounds like such a bummer. I hope you find a foundation that you like. I am new here too and I just wanted to wish you well on your hunt or the perfect foundation for you. 

RE: DATE NIGHT FOUNDATION HELP

Hi! Yuck this is the worst! I'll attach a video from Wayne Goss which really helped me. Basically he is always making the point that we don't spend enough time on steps like setting and blending... at first I didn't believe it... but I definitely think it helps. https://youtu.be/iptlDRTxo1Q Good Luck!!

Re: RE: DATE NIGHT FOUNDATION HELP

Super helpful video and makes total sense. Sometimes, I am in a rush and just breeze through each step without taking the time to let it sit. Thank you so much!

Re: DATE NIGHT FOUNDATION HELP

Do you have oily skin or combo oily skin?

RE: Re: DATE NIGHT FOUNDATION HELP

It gets very oily in the T-Zone

Re: RE: Re: DATE NIGHT FOUNDATION HELP

Ok, here are a few tips, hopefully it helps:

• oiliness will cause your makeup to transfer. Make sure to blot your face throughout the day before reapplying setting powder.
  • use translucent setting powder, not foundation powder, to set your makep
  • wear makeup that has very little alcohol in it. Alcohol can sometimes cause more oil production.

Re: RE: Re: DATE NIGHT FOUNDATION HELP

SO helpful!! I didn't even know the type of powder I was using could be the wrong kind, thank you SO much for the tips.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing