Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Concealer suggestions

Im devastated that Benefit retired their Boi-ing Brightening Concealer. Its the only product ive found that covers up my (hereditary) dark under eyes without looking cakey. It also had this great brightening  to it that made it a nice lightweight (dewey, but not shimmery) highlighter. Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative?? I use and like other concealers from the boi-ing line, but its just not the same for undereyes. (FYI, i wore shade No.2 and usually prefer light coverage on my face. Im not really trying to completely erase my dark undereyes, just alleviate the effect a little)

Anonymous Insider

Re: Concealer suggestions

If your concern is dark circles, lean towards “warmer” shades to avoid obvious white circles around your eyes. Blue-tinged and purplish dark circles are best concealed using an orange to yellow based concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin tone. A liquid concealer is the most versatile of the lot. It’s perfect for normal, oily or combination skin type. It’s easy to apply, and its coverage is buildable, which ranges from light to full. Also, liquid concealers come in various finishes such as matte, dewy, and satin. This kind of concealer is also least likely to clog pores, so if you are someone with sensitive and acne-prone skin and before that you can use of lemon on face  ,I recommend you try one.

RE: Concealer suggestions

Hi I know this is late but one thing that I always recommend for people with under eye circles(in regards to makeup) is to use a color corrector in a peach shade. Two amazing options are the Urban Decay color corrector in peach and the Sephora collection Color corrector in the shade 05 melon. As for concealers I recommend the Born This way concealer and the Nars creamy concealer both are really full coverage. Hope this helps!

Re: RE: Concealer suggestions

Thank you! The benefit concealer Im trying to replace has a peachy tone to it, too. Thank you so much for the specific color recommendations in those products, that helps me so much!

RE: Concealer suggestions

Hi, this isn’t a concealer but I love the BECCA undereye brightening corrector. It really brightens up the under eye area and helps mask the darkness and for me I don’t even put a concealer over top. It’s not cakey as long as you don’t apply too much!

We're so thrilled to hear you love your BECCA Under Eye Brightening Corrector! Thanks for sharing the love. xo 

Thank you! This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

Hi there - @BS762 I can understand totally! First things first, are you using a good eye cream to HELP minimize the darkness, though hereditary?  If not, I would suggest trying OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crème or Dermalogica Biolumin-C Vitamin C Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL for a boost of brightening and correcting.  Now let's talk concealers, here are a few recommendations:

Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Caramel

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Longwear Liquid Concealer 340

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine

Give any one of these a try and let me know how it goes!

Cheers!

I use eye cream regularly, but i havent tried these suggested ones yet. Thank you for all the recommendations. This is a great place to start! On another site, someone recommended kosas revealer concealer super creamy + brightening concealer. Do you know how that holds up in comparison to the benefit concealer or the recommended brands?

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing