Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Color IQ Help!

Hey guys, I want to buy foundation from the Fenty beauty line but I'm unable to make it to the store! I usually wear the Nars all day luminous foundation in the colour Cadiz! I've been color matched before using the skin IQ in stores and I'm curious to know if i can find the IQ number on my account anywhere so I can make more of an educated guess when I'm choosing a foundation from the fenty beauty line? 

Thank youuuu

Re: Color IQ Help!

How do you determine what skin tone you should get with the Fenty Line if it doesn’t work with your skin tone ID?

RE: Color IQ Help!

I don't even know what color IQ is ?

RE: Color IQ Help!

Hey love! So unfortunately there's no way to reverse look up your color IQ number if it's not saved in your profile. But if you wear Cadiz byNars in the all day luminous foundation then your color IQ number should be 2Y11 which according to that number or you would be shade 360 in the Fenty beauty line. Always going to the store and doublecheck! The color IQ numbers are not always correct… Like according to my color IQ I was 240 and I ended up purchasing 230 because the 240 dried down a little too dark

Re: RE: Color IQ Help!

My Color IQ is all wrong. BUT I just tried NARS Natural Radiant... in Cadiz and it's a perfect match. I also wear Fenty Foundation in 360. Chelle Hendrix ( Makeup You Tuber) is also 360 and wears Cadiz. I know I'm late but this may give confirmation to someone else that comes  across this ...because I was trying to correct my color iq by reverse searching.

What was your iq number ..because I'm the same 

What was your iq number ..because I'm the same 

What is your color iq in the fenty 230?

Do happen to know what the color IQ is for Fenty 320

what is the iq color for Fenty 240

So I waver between Tahoe and Cadiz, and ended up with a 360/370 blend. Honestly, if I add a drop of Kett Cosmetics Hydro Proof Yellow (basically pure yellow pigment) to my 370, that usually helps it match me better. More than a drop, though, and you can go ashy. 

Another trick: add a little turmeric to your foundation. Natural yellowing and it's good for your skin. If you have a coarser grain of turmeric, you can actually just brush the excess away once your base is set.

@mitashan I think you'll find the Fenty Beauty Thread a more helpful place to post this question! There's also tons of swatches there!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/THE-FENTY-BEAUTY-THREAD/m-p/2877198#M51968

thank you @Kim888

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing