Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Blending/layering to cover acne scarring?

My skin is acne prone. I recently bought a good kit thatโ€™s fast clearing, but Iโ€™m left with red, flat, irritable dots. How do you guys blend your concealer/foundation/powder on those areas into the rest of your skin? When I try, those blended acne scarred areas end up looking darker than the rest of my skin! ๐Ÿ˜‘

Re: Blending/layering to cover acne scarring?

@robynfclark yay your skin is clearing up! It sucks though, that it clears but scars stay so long. Definitely start incorporating a skin product to even out skin tone/ clear redness, a little vitamin c serum or the FAB radiance pads for exfoliation would be something to look into.

As for skin, have you tried colour correcting? A green colour corrector on any spots that are too red and showing through as your first step, then foundation, followed by precision spot concealing with a small eyeliner brush. Start with the lightest possible layer and work up to where you feel comfortable will minimize cakiness. Set with setting spray so nothing moves during the day and itโ€™ll also help mush the layers of product together for a more true life skin look. 

RE: Re: Blending/layering to cover acne scarring?

This is with the Nars concealer, and an Estรจ Lauder powder. No foundation. Today was a lazy makeup day ๐Ÿ˜‘

Ok so I actually got a sample of a green concealer from Sephora...I forget what itโ€™s called. So you recommend applying that with the small eyeliner brush? Then how long should I let it set before I apply the Nars pot concealer on top of it? Should I use a separate concealer brush to apply that on top? In the past when Iโ€™ve tried green concealers I apply the regular concealer on top. Idk if it was because the concealer I was using was too runny or what but it turned out looking a greyish green. Which was un-coverable. So I got that Nars pot concealer and it works well. Much thicker consistency and it stays put and doesnโ€™t cake. And then apply my foundation as usual and then use my setting spray. Am I understanding? Any other tips?? ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks!!
Anonymous Insider

Re: Blending/layering to cover acne scarring?

Hey Hun! I too struggle with acne scaring. Some good full coverage foundation to cover those icky marks are Marc Jacobs, Fenty Beauty, and Kat Von D. These foundations feel heavy but do the trick and they don't seem to move or crack. Also, because of discoloration in that area you might have to conceal it with lighter foundation if it looks darker than the rest so you can blend two foundations together. I hope this helped!

This was with a Nars pot concealer and an Estรจ Lauder powder. Today was a lazy makeup day.... ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‘

Yeah, Iโ€™ve tried a more full coverage foundation. The Fenty matte foundation is what I was using and when itโ€™s completely blended it looks too dark...but If I use it more sparingly it doesnโ€™t cover enough!! Aughhhhh!!!
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos2
testing