Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Best primers for oily skin???

I've been on the hunt for a good primer for my oily skin. I do like Benefit Porefessional but I don't think it's the best. Or maybe I'm not applying the right way? Any thoughts or suggestions??

Re: Best primers for oily skin???

Hi!!

Dr. Brandt is a good primer if you have very oily skin. Just make sure not to use it with a matte foundation since it can make your face look cakey. 

If you are having problems looking for a good primer for your oily skin, just remember to make sure that the primer doesn't have coconut ingredients since coconut can make your face more oily.

One Heck of a Blot primer from Soap and Glory is my daily...

One Heck of a Blot primer from Soap and Glory is my daily t-zone go to primer. It feels refreshing and keeps my makeup looking nice for a full work day, especially combined with Urban Decay's De-slick setting spray. Plus if I'm extra oily I can pat a little on my forehead and chin after my makeup and it adds extra oil control without messing with my makeup or looking powdery.

I like MAC's Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage. It doesn't really help with pores (I use Benefit's The Porefessional on my cheeks), but it does help my makeup last all day. It also has a tiny bit of shimmer to it to help my skin have more dimension when I apply my foundation (not the full-on dewy look, but it doesn't make my skin look so flat).

RE: Best primers for oily skin???

I have found a pretty good combination that works for me.. too faced hangover primer all over and milk blur stick over areas that get super oily. Has worked amazingly ! I recently got a sample of beccas ever matte poreless priming perfecter and loved it so I bought the product. I have found that it can ball up your foundation over it so I have backed off using it as much. The feels like you are rubbing a glue stick on your face but it will keep you matte all day!

i've been told that the pores no more by dr. brandt is a great one! As well as the hourglass mineral veil (yes, it's pricey, but so good even for oily skin) i've also enjoyed using the rimmel stay matte primer from the drug store, it keeps my oil down and it's good at keeping makeup in tact as well. I've also liked using the baby skin from maybelline (its said to be a dupe for benefit's porefessional) The hangover primer by too faced is a nice one if you have combo skin because it hydrates with coconut but it still helps you have a flawless foundation application(: 

Pores no more or hangover primer both work wonderfully 

I like Dr Brandt Pores no more and Cover FX matte primer.

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing