Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Best foundations for dry skin

Any suggestions for foundations for dry skin? I have Nars Sheer Glow and it's my favorite but sometimes it picks up on dry patches if I don't exfoliate before using. I also had both MUFE Ultra HD stick and liquid foundations. The stick is nice but I get BAD smile lines and forehead lines and the liquid picks up on my dry patches too. I also wouldn't mind some primer suggestions.

RE: Best foundations for dry skin

I’d try out Josie Maran’s foundation! And her primer if I were you. I also like tartes “the sea” line. You didn’t mention if you’re setting your makeup or not- but if you aren’t be sure to do so! It’s just as important as priming. I recommend urban decays hydrating setting spray. And if you really love the stuff you’ve been using - try using Josie’s argan oil (1-2 drops) After Your moisturizer. It soaks into the skin so nicely and it didn’t make my acne prone dry combo skin breakout! And I know winter is so drying- I would carry a small evian water spray in your purse and spray your face every few hours to ensure you’re skins moisture safety hah.

I agree with the Hangover primer and Born this way combo. I just started using these together, and it's been doing wonders for my dry, sensitive, skin!

Too Faced Born this Way With the Hangover Primer. I really want to try Laura Mercier Hydrating primer with the Foundation
Anonymous Insider

Re: Best foundations for dry skin

hey @daatjann, I have combination-dry, dehydrated, sensitive skin and I experience some dry patches from time to time in the winter.  For foundation, I like Too Faced Born This Way Foundation - it is hydrating, easy to blend and provides medium-to-full coverage; another foundation I've had good results with is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

If I want less coverage, I reach for Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint or IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream.  I'd say both of these provide more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but less than a foundation.  The coverage can be sheered out with these as well. 

As far as primers go, I really like Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer.  If my skin gets very dry or I find that I need something more moisturizing, I'll use Hourglass No. 28 Priming Serum.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing