Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Best drugstore setting powder and spray?

I had the elf one earlier and hated it - made my face white and way too matte...I looked cakey and sickly. I can't really afford to spend money on something that I will replace regulary... I heard that the maybelline one is good? Honeslty I'm really confused about translucent setting powders, they make me look pale and pasty. (Right now im using fit me translucent matte and poreless pressed powder, which I also hate) I have combo skin, oily nose, the rest of my skin is very dry. Maybe it will help to look less powdery if I use a setting spray? What do you guys reccomend? thanks 🙂

Re: Best drugstore setting powder and spray?

I love the Millani setting spray! if you can find it in your local drug store it's really nice!! Which elf setting powder were you using? because I also hate their translucent loose powder but their tone correcting powder is super nice and I really like it! If you are looking for a translucent powder the RCMA one is cheap and well loved and you get a lot of product! You'd probably still need to order that online, I've never seen it in store

I think drugstore setting spray is a great deal I don't think high end setting spray makes much of a difference. But something like face powder there's a big difference to high end vs drug store by the way it sits on your skin

RE: Best drugstore setting powder and spray?

I feel the same way about setting powders, I try to only use them under my eyes to set my concealer and a little jn my tzone. I hate that chalky, too matte look. I like looking glowy and I feel like most setting powders take that away. I use NYX dewy setting spray. Gives me just the right amount of glow.

My absolute favorite powder for anything, compared to anything is No7 translucent loose powder. It makes everything look flawless. I don't apply it like I'm 'baking', just a nice buffing dust after applying any liquid/cream products. It's has a slight pink tint , so no white cast. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing