Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Complexion Club
|

Best Makeup Products For SUPER Fair Skin

When I walk into the drugstore I see A LOT of foundation, highlighters and so on and so forth. I see a lot of inequality. Shades either not dark enough, or not light enough. This thread is for those with fair skin like me who have trouble finding "just right" shades!

Some of my favorites include:

COVER FX - Pressed Mineral Foundation - N 10

JOUER COSMETICS - Rose Gold Blush Bouquet Dual Blush Palette

TOO FACED - Born This Way Foundation - Swan

If you have swatches BTW that'd be amazing. Some foundations are just WAYYYY to pink for me, and some are just a whole nother' spectrum Smiley Sad. Really wish there were more options to pick from. 

Re: Best Makeup Products For SUPER Fair Skin

@lilleexoxo - I wear Cover FX Power Play in N20.  It's a smidge too dark (probably not noticeable to anyone else).  I also have N10, which is a smidge too light.  If N10 & N20 could be mixed to create N15 (this shade doesn't exist), it would be the perfect shade for me!  No, I have not tried mixing the colors together myself mostly because I don't think about it at 5:00 in the morning! Smiley Very Happy

Would COVER FX Custom Cover Drops work to lighten foundations you might already have/want to try?  I have lighter skin, but not sure I'm quite as light as you.  Findation recommended their lightest shade for me, but also recommended Snow for Born This Way.

I did have at some point COVER FX drops, but they REALLY dried my skin out, and I hate when the base takes that much work. Def did pick up from Sephora the TF foundation, ordered last night, hoping it's a match. Cover FX N10 has been pretty good for me, but as a beauty lover, I love to expand into other brands/products! 

Funny you mention this!!! I was looking on YT, and came across Ctilbury demoing new products and really liked the Wonder foundation but wasn't quite sure about the shade range. Gonna look into it right now.

@lilleexoxo  I'm just a touch darker than you - I wear Snow and not Swan - and I couldn't tell you the last time I found a proper shade in the drugstore. I also have rosacea, which makes my face much more pink than my neck, and complicates things entirely! I lean towards a neutral undertone to balance the two. The closest match I've ever found in the drugstore was L'Oreal Pro-Glow in 202, but it has some ingredients that aren't rosacea-friendly. 

My hands-down favorite is the MUFE Invisible Cover Foundation; according to my favorite shade matching site, Findation, you'd be Y205 Alabaster. I also love the NARS Sheer Glow (it says you'd be Siberia). Findation is my holy grail; the more current products you enter, the more precise its recommendations become. If you're into product reviews on YouTube, thataylaa - one of my absolute favorites - is very fair and does a weekly Foundation Friday video in addition to her other content. Hope this is helpful!

Thank you SO much for showing me Findation!  This site is awesome!

OMG! Super helpful @tastelikewater. Findation is like a godsend, so amaze! Also, looking into the MUFE foundation ASAP, I actually used MAKE UP FOR EVER - Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation - 117 = Y225a while ago which was...a bit too yellow. Totally sucks when foundations are fair enough but not the right undertone. THANK YOU! 

@lilleexoxo It is truly the worst! I love the coverage and texture of BB creams, but I have yet to find one with the right undertone. Most of them lean so pink that even if it looks like the proper shade, my face ends up being an entirely different color from my neck. Hopefully you can get a generous sample of the MUFE foundation to test out before buying. Good luck! 

The best foundation matches I've seen for skin that is truly "very fair" are Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin in SX01 or SF02 and Iope/Sulwhasoo cushions in N.13.  Missha makes an N.13 that is more reasonably priced, but I've never seen the color in person.

I've def heard a lot about the KEVYN AUCOIN - The Sensual Skin Enhancer Concealer - Sx02-- do you think applying it all over the face would make someone look scary pale, though? Also looking into the Sulwhasoo products, never heard!

The Kevyn Aucoin is definitely for someone who is very pale.  If it matches your skin tone, I don't think it will make you look extra white.  I prefer to add color with a bronzer or something after - not to choose a foundation that is darker.  I know it works for some people, but I just can't seem to pull it off.

@lilleexoxo While not drug store, and not Sephora either - Chanel Le Blanc Foundation is the best foundation I have ever used. It is made for people with fair complexions. 

RE: Re: Best Makeup Products For SUPER Fair Skin

Hi love! Does it oxidize in anyway? I have bought some foundations that totally turn orange (boooo)

You should check out this thread, maybe you'll find some helpful info:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Complexion-Club/The-Fair-Pale-Thread/td-p/2281076

Thanks for sharing this link @lyravega

RE: Re: Best Makeup Products For SUPER Fair Skin

Def will! I kinda wanted a more updated one (some posts there are from April) for newer launches. Plus some recommendations or faves of glow powders for fair skin.

Foundation is way too difficult to get at a drugstore! I highly recommend going to Sephora and trying them out. Once you find one you like, stick with it!

I too have fair skin & the foundations that have worked best for me are - 

DIOR - Dior Airflash Spray Foundation - 201 Linen

LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation - 130 Ivoire N

Good luck!

I love the lancome teint idole foundation. I wear the shade 100 in the 24hr version in the winter and 140 in the summer... but ever since they reformulated it (mid?) last year both shades are darker Smiley Sad I can still make them work but they are not the perfect match they used to be...

@SurprisedLemur - Yes!  Lancome Tient Idole in Buff N210 was virtually a perfect match for my pasty white, neutral undertone skin.  After the reformulation, not only is Buff N210 a completely different color, no other color in the line comes close to a match. Smiley Sad

23 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors