Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Best Color Corrector for Discoloration/ Hyperpigmentation?

So I have some hyperpigmentation (dark skin blotches) around my mouth and I was wondering what was the best color correcting concealer or makeup to cover it. I have fair/ light, dry skin but for some reason the skin around my mouth is a little darker than the rest of my face and I want to start covering it up. Thank you!  

RE: Best Color Corrector for Discoloration/ Hyperpigmentation?

Sounds like it could be melasma. I've got it, too! It's a result of hormones and/or sun damage. I've been able to cover mine with just foundation and concealer. Estée Lauder Doublewear, IT Cosmetics (any of their foundations) and the new Bobbi Brown concealer have all worked for me.

Re: RE: Best Color Corrector for Discoloration/ Hyperpigmentation?

Thank you for the recommendations. I also just found out having melasma on my cheeks. Sephora color corrector and IT BB cream help me to cover it. 

Re: Best Color Corrector for Discoloration/ Hyperpigmentation?

I'm currently OBSESSED with the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness. It's so good, I can sometimes even wear it without foundation. Highly recommend.

I also have hi pigmentation on my cheeks and nose. Recently i found sephora  colour correcter i love it! peach colour is best to hide pigmentation.

kiehl's super multi corrective moisturizer would be awesome for you, be sure you also use a SPF to help prevent any further hyperpigmentation, 

Hi carmie98!

I too struggle with hyperpigmentation.  I have it on my cheeks and also my upper lip (yep, I look like I have a mustache - eek!) and have darkness under my eyes.  Anyway, I've recently discovered that using a peach color corrector helps cancel out darkness.  Bobbie Brown makes a good one but I didn't like how it kind of broke up for me after a while.  I went into Sephora and actually purchased the Sephora color corrector and I like it.  It's not pigmented enough my for darkness on my cheeks but I've used it on my upper lips and it helps.  Although, I think I need to get a brighter one to cancel out the darkness.  In order to find the right one, you will need to test them out.. the darker your pigmentation is the brighter the peach/salmon/orange you'll need to cancel it out.  I highly recommend you go into a Sephora store and have one of the beauty advisors help you out and try them out to see which one will work for you.  Oh, and then after you color correct, you will then use a concealer on top so that it blends into your skin.  I hope this is helpful!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing