cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Baking

So when I bake, these weird little white things pop up after a little while of the powder sitting there... what is that?? Sorry for the gross pic lol

AA7899EE-B6F1-4000-AA52-18B6FF11A027.jpeg

Re: Baking

Hi dear, what powder are you using? Just curious....

The girl above who commented about too much water in your beauty blender has a great point, but it could just be that the powder you're using doesn't agree with your skin type or your foundation. I have a lot of products that I love when used in conjunction with the right products and that I HATE when I use them with the wrong ones. If I were you I would try changing some things to eliminate the variables, try an acid exfoliator to make sure those white spots aren't patches of skin that the powder is clinging to. Even if you don't have dry skin (I don't and it happens to me) it will help so much. Try using the same technique with different foundation or powder too- I find most of the "cult" and "top-selling" setting powders are way too chalky and heavy for me to bake with. Depends on your skin and your environment.

Good Luck 💖

Hi @Anonymous,

I have found that this can happen to me too if my Beauty Blender is a little too damp and I pick up my loose powder, it will start to pile and look weird! I'm not sure what your method of application maybe when applying powder to break. If it is a beauty blender try squeezing out any access water that may still be stuck! I hope this helps 🙂

-Helen

@Anonymous It looks like it's picking up dry skin/flakes.  That normally happens to me when I don't moisturize my skin enough or it's really dry.  It will show patches of dryness/flakes when I try to set my foundation.

Anonymous Insider

Maybe.. but I don’t have dry skin. like at all. Lol but maybe it dries it out?..

@Anonymous It might be drying it out.  I would suggest using a different setting powder.  I know Laura Mercier is well known but it doesn't work for everyone (just in case you use it).  I am loving the HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder.

I used the Laura Mercier powder for so long and one day I had an epiphany and realized it just does not work for me. Even if my skin isn't feeling dry, it makes it look like I've never used moisturizer in my life. Love the Hourglass powder its very different.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • AA7899EE-B6F1-4000-AA52-18B6FF11A027.jpeg
testing