Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Any recommendations of foundation for dryer skin?

I feel like I cake very easily. I don’t have too many blemishes but larger pores. And my skin is more sensitive and dry. I prefer clean product or as close as you can

Re: Any recommendations of foundation for dryer skin?

Hi @amberjane4750  

I have fair, dry and acne prone skin. My go to concealer is actually Glossier's Stretch Concealer, but I also use Tarte's Shape tape and Highlighting concealer.

I've also recently gotten hooked on PAT McGRATH LABS Sublime Perfection Concealer L4 

Each of these leave my skin looking very glossy with that glow we all want. Happy shopping!

@amberjane4750  I really like TARTE - babassu foundcealer™ skincare foundation SPF 20

RE: Any recommendations of foundation for dryer skin?

@amberjane4750 try tarte rainforest of the sea liquid foundation. It’s super lightweight, gentle on the skin, and hydrating. Try moisturizing and using a hydrating primer like too faced hangover or milk hydro grip before makeup application!❤️

@amberjane4750, I have dehydrated-dry skin most of the year (with the exception of the summer months) and I've liked the following foundations:

KOSAS - Tinted Face Oil Foundation - I've been loving this one lately; can be buildable to maybe a light-medium coverage. This is clean and my dry skin finds the oil-base in this to be nicely moisturizing.

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Medium - this was my everyday foundation before discovering the Kosas; I still love it and use it. It gives more coverage than the Kosas; this one I'd say is medium. I don't think this is categorized as clean.

LAWLESS - Woke Up Like This Flawless Finish Foundation - this will give you more coverage; I was in the process of trying to find a good color match before the stay at home. This is clean.

ARMANI BEAUTY - Luminous Silk Foundation Mini - this is one of my favorite foundations but as @SherieDurant mentioned, it's not considered a clean beauty product.

HOURGLASS - Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint - don't be fooled by the name, this gives more than a 'tint' of coverage; a lot more. 

A couple of years ago, my skin looked and felt like it caked up really easily and quickly. For me, I found that exfoliating with FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads to help and also using a hydrating primer underneath. HOURGLASS - N° 28 Primer Serum Mini worked best for me in the beginning and in the wintertime - it does contain a lot of essential oils so if you're skin is sensitive, it may not like the ingredients in it. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mL and MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer  were also primers that worked for me. 

RE: Any recommendations of foundation for dryer skin?

Look into different dewy foundations or many even tubifex moisturizers. The luminous silk is a great choice but I haven’t checked to see if it’s a clean product. The new tarte tinter moisturizer is great too but since it’s thin you need to use a bit more product! Also I find clean products have a sheer coverage even when it claims to be full coverage.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing