Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

oil overload

I usually have typical combination skin, dry cheeks and an oily T-zone, but lately my T-zone has been out of control oily, even my Olehenriksen counter balance oil control hydrator isnt cutting it. I was wondering if there were any products anyone could recommend that would help reduce the oil in my T-zone without completely drying out my cheeks. Thank you!! 🤗

Re: oil overload

@Valalruiz Your skin sounds dehydrated which is why it’s producing so much oil. Sounds weird, I know! What will sound even weirder so my recommendation for you - stop using the oil control products and reach for... an oil. A high quality facial oil will balance your skin by moisturizing the dry patches and halting sebum production on your oily patches. Try a cleansing oil first, my favorite is L’Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil, and I’ve been using Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil as a moisturizing step for years. Use it as a serum after cleansing. Just press a couple of drops directly on to your skin. 

RE: Re: oil overload

I didn't even consider that! Ive been using the Youth To The People superberry hydrate and glow face oil but have been focusing it on my cheeks and neck. Ill definitely be including my nose and forehead in that part of my skin routine from now on. Thank you!!

Re: RE: Re: oil overload

@Valalruiz I’ve never tried that oil but it sounds pretty power packed! I’ll have to check it out. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing