Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Combination Skin

new skincare regime

For a while, I was looking for products that fought against acne and breaking out and then I finally realized, that I do not have any acen, I just get an occasional blemish on my chin here and there. I figured, that I do not need a skincare system for acne when I do not have acne to the extreme as these products are designed for.  They dried my face out for a while, and not it is back to normla. I would say that sometimes my skin can feel a little oily, but for the most part it is normal.  So my question,  what products do you recommend I try out for the new school year to have my best skin. I am entering senior year and I want to look back t pictures and think "wow I had the best skin!" without wearing any makeup. So cleansers, moisturizers, toners, really anything you think I need just let me know!

Well since your so young you can probably just do somethi...

Well since your so young you can probably just do something like the 3 step system from clinque just a cleanser, toner  and some sort of lotion or moisturizer to use before your makeup, but that's all you need just something to keep your skin clear.

Sounds like you have a great foundation to start with. Yo...

Sounds like you have a great foundation to start with. Your skin care routine should consist of a few basic componants that won't probably change much. First, you need a gentle cleanser like DDF Balancing Cleanser or Clean & Clear Foaming Face Wash. In the morning, follow your cleanser with a good sunscreen. If you need a moisturizer, use it before your sunscreen. I like Nia24 Skin Strengthening Complex, but there are tons of great sunscreen/moisturizer combinations like Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion. Wait for your sunscreen to soak in and follow with whatever makeup you want. You could also opt for a BB Cream to put the moisturizer and sunscreen step in one with enough coverage to skip foundation altogether. Estee Lauder and Dr. Jart Premium spf 45 are two of the best bb creams on the market. 

At night, wash your face with your gentle face wash. You'll want to follow that with a retinol product which will help with breakouts, and will undo sun damage. A fantastic and affordable retinol product is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream NIGHT. Not the daytime formula with sunscreen, but the nighttime formula without sunscreen. They carry it at Rite-Aid. This should give you sufficient moisture, but if you feel you need more, wait for the retinol to sink in and follow with a good moisturizer like Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer.

These products increase cell turnover, which in turn clears blackheads, heals sun damage, and prevents premature aging later. If you are willing to start your skin care routine now, you'll have incredible skin for the rest of your life. Just remember that sunscreen is key, as is drinking plenty of water.

I hope this helps. Contratulations on being so far ahead of the curve when it comes to skin care! 

I'm glad you figured it out before I did when I was young...

I'm glad you figured it out before I did when I was younger! If you have combination skin, leaning towards oily skin, a basic cleanser, like the Purpose (dermatologist recommended) bar works fine. If your skin is combination, leaning towards dry, during the cooler seasons, I would just use a Dove bar. Since you don't have a lot of acne (just maybe a pimple every other month), I would just get a spot treatment, like Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel, to use it whenever you need it. If you need a toner, Origins also makes good toners. Just sample whichever suits your skin best. I hope this helps and good luck in the new school year!

Hi, kstrat!   You sound exactly like me in my teens and e...

Hi, kstrat!

You sound exactly like me in my teens and early 20s! I had the same skin type and habits you described. It's really important for you to steer clear of the acne treatments/cleansers that have ingredients like salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide when you aren't acne prone because it'll seriously make your skin worse-- dry yet oily, flaky, red, and irritated.  I recommend using gentle cleansers and moisturizers on your young skin in combination with a spot treatment on your occasional pimples.

My skin's never looked or felt better than with this regimen my friend advised me to follow:

1. Wash face with cleanser and cold water (even in the winter, and even if your skin is a bit oilier than usual).
  2. Air-dry skin (or gently pat face with your palms if you're in a hurry). Do not towel-dry your face because that'll promote dryness.
  3. Before your skin completely dries -- while it's a bit moist -- apply moisturizer.  Doing so while the skin isn't completely dry allows the moisturizer to soak in and be more effective.

I've used and like these products for young skin like yours:

• Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
  • Avene Cleanance Soap-Free Gel Cleanser [your skin feels very comfortable -- not tight -- after cleansing]
  • Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (Mild)
  • Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (For All Skin Types)
  • Avene Hydrance Optimale SPF 25 Hydrating Cream [not heavy at all, very light for an SPF moisturizer]

Good luck in your senior year!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors