Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Combination Skin

Your favorite foundation for 2013 & why?

image.jpg

Re: Your favorite foundation for 2013 & why?

Makeup forever HD because I have some acne scars and I have breakouts from time to time and this foundation gives me the best full coverage ever! 

I am bookmarking this thread! I have had a hell of a time with foundation this year...I stuck to UD Naked for most of the year but it just doesn't cover my redness. I wore a junky revlon foundation today and I don't know if I like it but I just cant take the mental strain of buying $40 foundation that doesnt work any more, LOL.

Make Up For Ever - Face & Body - The reason is because I can layer it and it looks exactly like skin to me. It's water resistant, sweat resistant and it's an all out great product. I've been using it for YEARS and no matter what other foundations I love they'll never compare to the MUFE one. I also tend to have some acne scars and it covers them pretty good too :-)

My favorite foundation of 2013 is Urban Decay's Naked Skin. I feel like this is a fabulous light/medium coverage foundation and I love how lightweight it feels on my skin. I actually switched to this from MUFE and I've never looked back (although I totally understand why some people love MUFE... it was just a bit too heavy for me personally).

Naked Skin has become my new HG this year.  It is light, and seems to blend with my skin better than any foundation I've tried in the past.  The smell is a little off putting, but I can get over it for the effect I get.  I don't feel like I am wearing make up when I put it on!  Yay!

I completely agree, Swanbeauty! UD melts into my skin like a dream. It takes any redness completely out of my complexion (I don't have much but when I do get red, it's noticeable). The smell is a bit strong/weird but luckily it disappears within a minute or two.

Did you get color matched at Sephora?  This was one of the products that came up as a match for me and how I found it originally.  I do have some redness in my cheeks that I fight (when I am unfaithful to my Plantscriptions), and this works amazing for that.  Yay!

MUFE Mat Velvet +. My reason is weird, but it's the only makeup that makes my skin feel 'clean'. All other foundation turns blotchy or, idk, but a couple hours in I don't like the way my skin looks. I like Nars Sheer glow for similar reasons

i loved that one, but unfortunately my skin did not and it would come off of my cheeks in flakes, even if my skin wasn't dry and flaky! broke my heart =(

Great question! I'm excited to read incoming answers Smiley Happy

Still trying to decide between two foundations, as, I'm in the market for a new one. I used Diorskin Nude throughout this year. The formula is great, but for some reason, I just think I can do better. I feel like, with all the new technologies utilised in makeup today, I could be missing out! Haha.

So, I'm in the middle of sampling two: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, and Guerlain Parure de Lumière. We'll see which of the two comes out on top! 

By the way, soulchic, you are one gorgeous lady! Those brows...*sigh* Smiley Happy

my favorite was the tarte amazonian clay airbrush foundation. i haven't used a powder foundation since high school (which was closing in on 20 years ago!) because it can feel very drying on my face. funny that i bought it to replace a liquid that had that affect on me lol. i also really loved the laura mercier tinted moisturizer, but even paired together i feel like i need a fuller coverage for winter. 

I feel like I'm always banging the Kat Von D foundation drum but here I am with it again. Color match, color match, color match is always my issue so it's my thing. Full coverage that can be blended a little more sheer is a plus.

However, I've recently tried Marc Jacobs Genius Gel and it's giving Kat a run for her money. We'll see how I do on this sample and then it might be my next purchase. The formula is amazing - full and buildable without being cakey or dry, doesn't have trouble with my oily t-zone and the foundation slide, looks fresh without looking wet or shiny. Amazing stuff so far.

ILLAMASQUA SKIN BASED FOUNDATION

why???

it is so underrated and totally a fantastic product that not a lot of people even know yet.

- The foundation has an array or colors that can fit any skin tone.

- a little goes a long way. You only need to use a tiny bit of product to get full coverage.

- your skin will look natural and real yet flawless and fresh. Key is natural! Not matte and not dewy but a very natural finish.

- once its on, it feels like you have no makeup on. It doesnt feel heavy. Its lightweight and I feel like I have no Makeup on.

overall, its a great product and sadly its not even available in most sephoras. But if you have it available, give it a try, it is such a great product!

Oh and it isnt cakey and I have sry skin so cakey is a big issue for me! Seriously, it produces beautiful buildable coverage and looks natural which I think is key.

To get a color match in Illamasqua's Skin Base, I'd have to mix the white with another shade - which is really frustrating and time consuming for me. I found it settled into fine lines (if you've got them) but I'll agree that it's not cakey! 

Really??  I couldn't find a color match with Kat Von D (too dark) but Illamasqua SB in shade 2 was actually a bit TOO pale for me, which has literally never happened to me before.

I 100% completely agree!  I LOVE Illamasqua Skin Base!!!

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau because it's so light yet gives good coverage.

I'm another one for UD's Naked Skin. I'm super pale, with a lot of redness and marks from past acne. While this doesn't completely cover my rosy cheeks, it takes them down a lot. It also covers probably 80% of my hyperpigmentation.

Best part of it though is that it's pale enough for my skin. I use their Optical Blurring brush as well and it blends wonderfully.

I was using NARS Sheer Matte before, but it was a tinge too yellow.

Urban Decay naked skin foundation for me! Feels like you're not wearing anything, but good coverage.  Second favorite  ( can we vote for two?) is Marc Jacobs foundation. Honorable mentions to bb and cc creams ( I have a few)

32 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • image.jpg
  • upload_7643848479641638558.jpg
  • image.jpg