Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Combination Skin
|

Worst Trouble Skin EVER!!! Please help!

I have no idea what in the world to do so I can deal with my skin. Here's my issue: My skin gets really oily if I use products that are too rich and heavy, but when I touch it to put makeup on it gets really rough and flaky despite having been moisterized like crazy. I started to have issues with my skin misbehaving so I stopped wearing makeup daily hoping that it might solve some of my problem. Nope. It's just gotten worse. It doesn't matter what type of foundation I use (liquid, cream, mousse, powder) I ALWAYS get flaky patches on my forehead, cheeks, and chin. I exfoliate every 2-3 days with LUSH's sea salt scrub stuff, it has anti-bacterial proporties and is chemical free. On the in between days I've been trying different things, to no avail. (Tried Fresh Farmacy from LUSH, St. Ives Olive Cleanser, Clean and Clear Morning Burst Cleanser with those exploding beads, and many many other things.) I can't afford a trip to the dermatoligist, and I have no idea what else to try. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Try an oil-free moisturizer like Clinique Moisture Surge...

Try an oil-free moisturizer like Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. Your skin might be dehydrated, whih isn;t from a lack of oil but a lack of water.

Also, make sure to exfoiliate to get the dead flaky skin off of your face, which can cause clogged pores and breakouts. Try: Clean Scene by Murad Clean Scene™ Gaga for Glow™ Gentle Facial Scrub.

Hope this helps!!

xoxo, Charlotte

I have very oily skin, too.  If I were you, I would use a...

I have very oily skin, too.  If I were you, I would use a good balancing cleanser that's not going to overdry your skin such as the one I use which is Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser.  It's an all natural, soap-free liquid cleanser that transforms into an airy foam when you mix it with water.  A naturally effective blend of grape extracts, sage, and chamomile provide vitamins, purifying benefits, and soothing effects, removing makeup and impurities while improving overall complexion wellbeing. From the first use, your complexion will be more toned and radiant.  This wash works for all skin types, and is especially tuned to the needs of combination and sensitive skin.  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12978&categoryId=B70

Even though your skin is oily, you still need to moisturize.  You just need a moisturizer that's designed for oily skin so it won't clog your pores or cause breakouts or make you look more oily.  A perfect moisturizer for oily skin is Fresh Umbrian Clay Face Lotion. It is a highly effective oil-free, non-comedogenic (so it won't cause breakouts or clogged pores), lightweight moisturizer for combination to oily skin.  Using clay that is mined in Umbria, Italy, it helps regulate sebum production, absorb impurities from blocked pores, calm flare-ups and neutralize excess acidity on your skin which purifies and brightens your skin.  This lightweight lotion gently hydrates, tones, and balances your complexion.  Packed with antioxidants, it protects your skin from and repairs free radical damage.  It is also completely fragrance-free—its subtle, refreshing scent comes from cucumber extract, an ingredient that helps to calm redness and irritation and you can find this moisturizer here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P185408&categoryId=B70

Hope this helps and have a great day!
tenngal Smiley Happy

To save you a trip to a dermatologist or even to delay th...

To save you a trip to a dermatologist or even to delay the trip, my best guess is that your dermatologist is going to say to avoid exfoliating if you tell him/her what products you've been using. I would say to avoid any scrubs and to use a warm terry/polyester washcloth prior to cleansing to loosen any dead skin so your products can properly absorb. Even though you get dry skin when you put on makeup, you should still stick with an oil-free moisturizer. I have the same problem, but when I use my washcloth in the shower I concentrate on the areas I notice get flakey when I put on my powder. I use Everyday Minerals' base for reference. I hope this helps and good luck!

My best friend has the EXACT same problem. I would sugges...

My best friend has the EXACT same problem. I would suggest going to the dermatologist, even though it's pricey. She has, and her skin has improved, but she still has your problem. She puts on her makeup, and uses those pads that take off oil, because her skin is so oily, but she has certain dry patches that are flakey. And she still hasn't been able to find a solution. She's just been going to the dermatologist. And she's had some improvement. 

I honestly don't know what to say rather than, try your hardest to get an appointment with a dermatologist, because you need prescribed face wash and creams. Other than that, just keep trying different moisturizer's until you find the one that works best for you. Use your basic makeup, just don't pile too much on. And i would suggest, to help with the oily skin, buy Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets. You can find it at your local drugstore, like CVS.

Hope that helped!

xo

Hi maggpye. I've also had issues with flakiness in certai...

Hi maggpye. I've also had issues with flakiness in certain areas that when I apply any type of foundation it either comes off easily (even with a primer). I've found that using an oil cleanser and also the Argan oil for my moisturizer has really helped balance my skin. I now feel more comfortable in my skin and feel like I could wear any formulation of foundation. Check these products out:

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil

JM.jpg

Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil

arganoil.jpg

I hope this regimen helps you as it did for me! Smiley Wink

Ok, this sounds over simplified and dumb.   Drink more wa...

Ok, this sounds over simplified and dumb.

Drink more water and lots of it. Skin is the biggest organ in the body and trust me you will see a difference. Took me about 3 weeks (and stay in the routine)

Re: Ok, this sounds over simplified and dumb.   Drink more wa...

I have been trying to do that. Apparently I haven't been doing a very good job at it! Smiley Tongue I'll keep at it (better this time) and see if it helps.
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • JM.jpg
  • arganoil.jpg