Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Toner and moisturizer recommendations

I am looking for a new toner and moisturizer! I have combination skin, so it can be dry and flaky and oily at the same time. I recently changed face washes and use Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash which I LOVE! It keeps the oil away throughout the day.

Now I want a toner and moisturizer that won't make me dry or oily. I am currently using witch hazel, and I previously used Mario Badescu Special Cleansing Lotion C.  I've tried too many moisturizers to list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Toner and moisturizer recommendations

Son and Park Beauty Water! It has helped even out my skin texture, keep my oils at bay, hydrate any dry patches, all without being harsh. I’ve also found that this helps reduce overall redness over time! Overall, I feel like this product helps bring your skin back to equilibrium, especially if used regularly. It’s very economic as well; it costs $30, but it’s nearly the size of a Clinique toner, while feeling like a luxurious product and not having the overbearing smell of alcohol that most astringents do. (Bonus: It also doubles as a makeup remover, so it’s a versatile product!) Best of luck in finding your perfect toner 🙂

Re: Toner and moisturizer recommendations

I like a simple approach to make up, kind of like a "I woke up like this vibe". I have very sensitive and combination skin. I recently discovered that my combo skin was because of my Dr. Brandt exfoliant. Now I just have normal to dry skin. I have seen good results since I started using All-In-One Essence by Muji which is a toner, moisturizer, and a lotion all in one. My skin is super sensitive and prone to break outs... I can't even touch my face without breaking out!

One of the shopping malls here in Los Angeles has the Muji store and when I saw THIS product (Sensitive-skin-all-in-one-essence-30g), I thought that I'd give it a shot. I bought the 3.6 oz version from the store but they only have the 1 oz version online. I'm careful with unpopular online stores which is why I charge a VISA gift card, register it under my name, and use that to buy products from websites that I don't trust. Up to you. This is just a suggestion.

I use this product as a night mask since it is a gel moisturizer and it does not include sunscreen. In the morning, I wash it off and apply Clinique's CC and my Dermablend Blurring Mousse Camo. In the beginning, I would apply my CC and my foundation, and then apply the MUJI moisturizer on my dry spots. Good luck!

RE: Toner and moisturizer recommendations

Belif’s Witch Hazel Toner. It’s very hydrating, but it’s one of those toners you use without a cotton ball.

Re: Toner and moisturizer recommendations

For toner I love using Thayer's aloe vera infused toner and for the days I want to pamper my skin I'll use Farmacy's Honey Drop since its a little on the more expensive side!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing