Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Tips for foundation

Hi guys, I have really bad combination skin, really oily on my T zone but the rest of my face is dry and I have a lot of dry patches. Whenever I try to do my face make up it starts to crease so much, looks Cakey and breaks down. I just would like some tips like any type of primer or foundation or even just to get to know what works best for you, maybe and it works for me too.

Tips for foundation

I'd focus on hydration so throughout the day make sure you're drinking lots of water. Cut out all soda, tea and caffine. Then try a hydrating moisturizer or gel, I like Tatcha's water cream. then use an oil controlling primer only in the Tzone, and a more hydrating one on the perimeter of the face. when you go in with your foundation make sure you start with only a very small amount of product. Less is more

Re: Tips for foundation

Hi @galibooks, my skin is dehydrated-combo in the warmer months - I get an oily T-zone and then dry elsewhere. I've found that IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Medium to be a good one that holds up, or Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Bruleeis another nice option. In terms of primer, I'll use two different primers - one for the oilier parts of my face and one for the more dry parts. For my T-zone, Hourglass Mini Veil Mineral Primer Mini Size - 0.31 oz/ 8.9 mL or SMASHBOX - Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer are good ones; and for the drier parts of my face, it's usually either Too Faced Mini Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 0.68 oz/ 20 mL or BECCA - First Light Filter Face Primer Mini.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing