cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Supergoop sunscreen!

Hi there! 

Wanted to try the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 2.5 oz/ 73.9 mL and I was wonder what your thought are??

Also when would I apply this before or after moisturizer???

Thanks for taking the time! God Bless! 

-Anastasia ♡

Re: Supergoop sunscreen!

@Anastasia18 This is my favorite sunscreen. I apply it after moisturizer.  I actually use the Supergoop Defense Refresh spray to reapply throughout the day.  I like that the product has no white cast and works perfectly under my make-up.

Thank you for your response!! 🥰

Hi @Anastasia18 ! I'm also a big fan of Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. I have mostly-dry combo skin and rather sensitive eyes, and I rotate through many different sunscreens on a regular basis. Unseen Sunscreen's one of the only 3 that don't irritate my eyes, so it's the one I almost always use on my eyelids and undereyes (bringing it right up/down to my lash lines), even if I use a different sunscreen on the rest of my face. The texture is rather siliconey, but I don't mind that. And Unseen Sunscreen is easy to reapply over other makeup throughout the day. (I use a flat puff sponge to do that.) This is the sunscreen I travel with. 

Amazing reply thank you!! Do you find that it clogs your pores??? 

@WinglessOne 

As always your responses are so helpful!! Thank you so much! And definitely will do a small patch test on my face before diving in! 

God Bless! 

- Anastasia 🤍🙏🏻🕊

@Anastasia18  Nope, I've had no issues with Unseen Sunscreen clogging my pores. Not even in my oily zone. 

Some folks claim dimethicone and other cosmetic silicones block pores and stop skin from "breathing." But dimethicone's not occlusive enough to do that. Dimethicone doesn't fully block other substances (makeup, water, air) from reaching skin, nor does it stop sweat from escaping skin. It's possible for some people to be skin-sensitive to dimethicone, but that doesn't automatically make it a bad ingredient. You can be sensitive to any ingredient, including any scientifically proven beneficial ingredient. I always use benzoyl peroxide as an example because I'm allergic to it: I can't use it, but it's still a great acne-fighting ingredient. Same with dimethicone: some people are skin-sensitive to it (not sure if anyone's truly allergic to it, but I bet that's possible) or find it seems to worsen their acne, but that doesn't mean EVERYONE—or even the majority of people—will have the same issues with this ingredient. When in doubt, patch test. 🙂 

@Anastasia18 I LOVE it.  Keep in mind that if you don't like the feeling of silicone/dimethicone products then you won't like this BUT if you appreciate that smoothing quality you may find this appealing.  It has no cast, no scent, and if you're on the fence you can pick it up in a mini size to try it out 🙂

Thank you and great idea to pick up the mini size! I thinking may do just that! 🤗

@Anastasia18 I love and use Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 and Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 

I apply the SPF after moisturizer.

Thank you! 😊

Hey! I love the Supergoop Unseen sunscreen! It is sheer, so it has a natural finish. I live in FL, and with the hot, humid weather approaching, I find myself reaching for this sunscreen every day. It is velvety and lightweight. 

You would apply this product after moisturizer. It also acts as a primer. As a result, you could wear it alone or with makeup.

I also own their #Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and love that too. 

I hope this is helpful! Have a wonderful night! 💛

Thank you so much! That really helps!!! 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing