cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Sunday Riley Good Genes vs Drunk Elephant TLC night serum

Hey guys!

I'm having a hard time trying to decide between Sunday Riley Good Genes and Drunk Elephant TLC night serum! I've gotten samples of both, and they seem effective. But I really cant tell which one will be better in the long run. I have primarily combination skin prone to blackheads/whiteheads and pimples now and then. My goals are to decrease pore size, blackheads/whiteheads, millia, and brighten/even out skin tone. I appreciate any tips, suggestions and/or advice 🙂

RE: Sunday Riley Good Genes vs Drunk Elephant TLC night serum

@Zara33 I’ve tried both and always go back to Good Genes. It’s the perfect Lactic acid and has so many added benefits. I don’t like to get all technical with vocabulary since it can get confusing. But GG is more gentle than DE and has ingredients that will counteract the dryness acids can cause. Layered over Luna Oil, it’s the absolute perfect combination that will shrink pores, even out texture and tone as well as brighten and plump. I’d say grab the Power Couple Duo at Sephora and try both! You’ll be hooked cause the results are real and quick! ❤️❤️❤️

Re: Sunday Riley Good Genes vs Drunk Elephant TLC night serum

I have tried full bottles of both the Drunk Elephant and Sunday Riley. Hands down, Sunday Riley Good Genes is the one skincare product I recommend to anyone and everyone! My skin looked so much better with Good Genes overall. I found that DE did not do much for my skin at all. I would definitely go with Good Genes! Hope it works for you and that you love it!

How do you use Good Genes? The directions are confusing because part says to apply as needed, another to leave on for ten minutes. Are you supposed to rinse it off or leave it on? I even called Sephora and they agreed directions were confusing and couldn't tell me how to use it

Good genes is meant to be left on.  However, you can use it with the Ceramic Slip Cleanser as a mask.  You simply mix them together and leave the mixture on for a few minutes and wash off.  Does that help?

Anonymous Insider

Drunk Elephant Glycolic Serum and Babyfacial.  My skin has never looked better. 

@Zara33 I think the active ingredient in good genes is just lactic acid, while the active ingredients in the DE TLC serum are salicylic, lactic, and glycolic acid. 

I prefer lactic acid, and really like Sunday Riley good genes. I found the DE serum a bit too harsh for me. But, the inclusion of salcylic acid may help with blackheads.

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing