Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Smashbox Photofinish OR Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer?!

Help! I have combination skin, oily around the t-zone. I've tried hourglass before and liked it, but is smashbox better/just as good, considering the hefty price tag on hourglass? I'm concerned about anything clogging my pores, and heard smashbox was a bit of a silicone texture. As far as I'm concerned, they're the best 2 right now on the market. SO - thoughts?!

Re: Smashbox Photofinish OR Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer?!

@JCaso I've used both of these for the last few years and I hands down recommend the Hourglass over the Smashbox. The two do not compare in my opinion.  I tend to use less product when I use the Hourglass and can make a small travel sized bottle last for 4-6 months.  Additional benefits of the Hourglass is minimal oily skin throughout the day and SPF. 

Re: Smashbox Photofinish OR Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer?!

I would suggest the Smashbox as it is a common dupe for the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (just at a better price).Since you have oily sin, a little clogging won't do much harm as excess oil means your skin is overproducing moisture.You could also try a hydrating primer such as Too Faced new hydrating primer. Hydration will signal your skin to slow oil production if you apply it enough. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing