Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Skin!

What do you guys think is the best skin care products to use for combination skin and why? I want to hear your guys story and if it worked for u.😁

Re: Skin!

Hi @lilrose2! I have combination skin that usually leans more toward the drier side, so I hope that I can help you! 

I start off my day with Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser, since it's super gentle but also cleansing! It's really good at removing makeup/dirt from the previous night if there's any remaining, and it has the very subtle but nice rose scent. I then use Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Face Toner, which really balances out my skin after cleansing, and it's quite refreshing without being overly drying/stripping. I occasionally use Glossier's Super Bounce serum when my skin needs a nice hit of moisture, since it contains hyaluronic acid, or Glossier's Super Glow serum when my skin lacks a certain "glow". I then finish up with CLINIQUE Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator 4.2 oz/ 125 mL. It's a gel-based moisturizer instead of a lotion-based moisturizer, so it won't make your skin shiny or greasy at all! Sometimes I'll use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL, which is a hydrating, refreshing facial mist to finish up my morning skincare routine.

After working out, I use Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cleanser in the shower, since it's SO good at removing impurities, dirt, sweat, etc. from your skin! I then use the Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Face Toner again, and then the innisfree Green Tea Seed Intensive Hydrating Serum, because the Kiehl's cleanser is VERY cleansing but can be quite drying, and the hot water from the shower can also dry out your skin. The hydrating serum is super nourishing and it's a great value, but it does have fragrance in it, so if your skin is sensitive to fragrance, then I wouldn't use that product. I then finish up with the CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly. If you're noticing a trend here, I really like gel-based moisturizers because they will NEVER make my combination skin feel oily/greasy/shiny. Again, I sometimes use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL when I feel like it.

My nighttime skincare routine starts with the Lancôme Crème Radiance Gentle Cleansing Creamy-Foam Cleanser 4.2 oz/ 125 mL, which is gentle enough to use at night (where I try to lean towards more moisturizing, gentle products). I follow up with the Lancôme Tonique Confort Re-Hydrating Comforting Toner with Acacia Honey, which is another toner that is SO moisturizing and hydrating while still being a toner. I then finish with the CLINIQUE Moisture Surge™ Overnight Face Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL, which is definitely more of a lotion, but when I wake up in the morning, my face feels baby smooth without being greasy/oily/shiny! 

And that's my skincare routine! I didn't include an SPF product because sunscreen varies for everyone depending on your skin tone, skin type, and how easily you tan! I hope that this helps! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing