Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Skin

Hey guys so I don’t have a routine, I’m trying to get the flawless look, I have some scarring and uneven texture, dry skin, slightly acne prone, and I need to help my pores!!! Also I wanna help hydrate my skin and help with anti aging (I’m young but still), what routines/products do you guys recommend 

Re: Skin

hi! so since ur just starting, use just the basic products (cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen) then slowly incorporate other products. here’s what i would recommend:

- Herbivore Pink Cloud Rosewater + Squalane Makeup Removing Face Wash 3.38 oz/ 100 mL or First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser or The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml first two great for dry skin, last great for congested pores

- The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL great for anti-aging!

- krave beauty beet shield (lightweight sunscreen)

- next use a double cleanse at night 🙂 i love The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL 

- also incorporate a niacinimide for pores acne and scarring (love this one The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL ) and a good retinol like The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz / 30 ml for almost everything!!!

Since you're starting from scratch, @Allie2023 you really need to build your basic routine of cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen before adding in other products like AHAs, BHAs, or retinols. You could irritate, dry out, or damage your skin by using those before you have the basic routine in place. Once you have that basic routine, you can add in treatments to address your skin's specific needs. I would advise that you only add one new product at a time, using it for at least two weeks, before adding the next new product. That way, if you experience a negative reaction you can have a better idea of the culprit. Looking at the issues you want to address, once you have the basics in place, I'd consider adding a hydrating toner, a vitamin C and/or an AHA serum .

For skincare i would suggest to use gentle products, a cleanser and good moisturizer.

No7 has great products, Elf too. 

You dont need to buy the most expensive things.

Having said that, my favorite pricier cleanser is from Tatcha, the Deep Cleanse. But then Elf also have a good one, the "Daily Face Cleanser".

No7 suggestion: Triple Action moisturizer.

Elf: Hello Hydration cream.

For foundation, Almay (sold in Walmart) have very good anti-aging foundation that gives medium coverage.

Almay also have good powders, one of them has a formulation to help with acne too.

I do not suggest full coverage foundation with skin that have more texture. You need to let your skin chill more.

Skincare is more important than makeup too.

Then, there's one high end product that i always like to suggest, and that is the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless finish powder. 

Sometimes all i use is a moisturizer and that powder and it makes everything smooth. 

The cheaper dupe for that powder is from No7, the Lift and Luminate powder. Its stupidly not sold in Canada, though maybe hopefully in the new year. If you are in the US, i believe its sold at Target.

I hope those suggestions helps 🙂

This is amazing thanks so much girl!!! 🙂

hi @Allie2023 ! 
Start with a gentle cleanser. I’d suggest the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser from the drugstore.

For texture and scarring, The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL is so amazing! Niacinimide is an amazing ingredient for evening skin tone and texture. It’s also super affordable and shouldn’t irritate your skin!

Moisturizers are super important for every skin type. I love SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.01oz/ 30mL . It has Hyaluronic Acid, which is an amazing ingredient t for hydrating and soothing your skin. I suggest Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL to help give your so8n extra hydration, it’s great!

I would also recommend this face mask as a once a week treatment Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Face Mask 2.3 oz/ 70 mL which has retinol. Retinol is amazing for skin texture and anti aging!

ai hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions, have a great day 💕

U know what I’ve heard good things about retinal! I’m gonna try those things u suggested thank u sm for the reply :))

I’m so happy this helped @Allie2023 ! Happy to help anytime 💕

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing