Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Skin Care Suggestions

I'm looking for some skin care suggestions.

Currently, my skin is combination. It gets very oily in the t-zone (especially my nose), but very dry around the edges. I also have large pores, some texture, redness, and am prone to the occasional acne breakout. On top of all that, my skin can be very sensitive (there have been times where I've tried cleansers, masks, etc. and it literally felt like my face was burning off).

Due to all this, it can be very difficult to find skin care products that give me good results. I've been trying out some of Peter Thomas Roth's line (mostly the water drench cleanser and moisturizer as well as some of the masks). They've been okay, but the results haven't truly wowed me or made me feel like I've been getting my money's worth.

I've been eyeing some of Drunk Elephant's products, but I've also heard the Sunday Riley is a great brand as well and then I've also been looking into First Aid Beauty, so I'm feeling pretty lost. Does anyone have recommendations/suggestions that might help me out with my skin problems? 

Skin Care Suggestions

And to add to Askley...pure 100%Jojoba oil does wonders for oily/combo skin and gentle enough for acned skin (as in have acne atm) moisturizes the area but not too much. Hope this makes sense. :S

Re: Skin Care Suggestions

I've never actually considered Jojoba oil before...I've tried coconut oil and that just seemed to clog my pores (it made my acne go from occasional to almost constant until I stopped using), so I'll see about giving Jojoba a try instead. Thanks for the suggestion!

Stay away from Sunday Riley! If you're like me, with super sensitive skin, Sunday Riley's product line are potent concentrations, thus they will wreak havoc on your sensitive skin. I tried her products and it broke me out in an allergic reaction! Cluster pustules everywhere :(. For us sensitive folks, we need to be more mindful of the product ingredient list. Currently I use Whamisa Cleansing water and Essence toner (from Glow Recipe's website). For when my face shows redness, I use Dr. Jart's Cicapair serum.  In regards to moisturizers and facial cleansers, I'm still on the journey of finding ones that will work, but for a moisturizer hybrid, Blithe's Velvet Yam Pressed Serum (serum and moisturizer in one) is pretty hydrating. 

I hope this gives you a good start! 🙂

Yikes, that's good to know! Usually, my sensitive skin will actually start burning if a product isn't compatible with it (there have actually been times where I've been so desperate to get a product off my face that I jumped into the shower, clothes and all), so I will definitely stay away then. I'll definitely look into your suggestions, thanks!

RE: Skin Care Suggestions

For me I’ve found two different cleansers that work for me. First, if my face is feeling like a desert I use Korres Greek yogurt cleanser. When oily the Kate Somerville (pink one) is amazing! Especially when you break out 🙂 I go between the two depending on the day. Then afterward, an oil will be your best friend I promise! Sounds scary for semi oily skin, but the Josie Maran 100% Argan oil will help will dryness, oil, wrinkles, redness and everything else you can imagine. Take some samples home and try these out. I hope this helps you 🙂

Re: RE: Skin Care Suggestions

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'll definitely give them a try!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing