Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Skin Care Routine

Hi, I have recently started trying to educate myself on skincare in order to establish my routine and find products that work best for me. A little about myself, I'm 22 years old and have combination skin. Previously, I used drugstore cleansers and moisturizers, but I just switched and I'm now using the Drunk Elephant Jelly Cleanser and Youth to the People Superfood Cleanser. After, I use Farmacy Deep Sweep toner and then apply Inkey List Caffeine Eye Cream. I finish my current routine with Farmacy Gel Moisturizer. A face mask I use 1-2 times a week is the Origins Charcoal Honey face mask. The charcoal is nice because I feel like it purifies my skin while the honey ensures my skin doesn't completely dry out. As I'm a novice in this field, I have a few questions for you guys:

-Should I add a serum to my routine? Is it necessary? If so, which ones would you recommend? I have been looking at YTTP because I love their brand and their products.

-Eye cream recommendations? I'm not disappointed with Inkey List, but I feel like there could be a better eye cream to reducing puffiness. 

-Moisturizer recommendations? Also not completely sold on the Farmacy brand moisturizer. 

Anything helps! Please let me know if there is anything else you think I should add/remove, any recommendations, etc. Thank you!

RE: Skin Care Routine

Hi Katie, I am a newbie who just started on my skincare routine journey. I too have combination skin and I found that the Origins Bestsellers Kit ($35 CAD) is the best for me. It’s great because it comes with everything I need for a simple skincare routine. It has a cleanser, mask, liquid lotion (kind of like a toner), a serum, and a moisturizer all in mini form with a carry on bag. I loved each product so much that I actually decided to get them in full size today and I would highly recommend since you like one of the origin mask product, the bestsellers kit might be useful for you too. ☺️

Re: Skin Care Routine

Hi @KatieSanders!

Serums are a great way to treat your skincare problems.  You can check out Sephora IGTV.  There's a great video on there called Skincare Serums 101.  Daniel shows some serums and what each one does.  He also talks about how you can use different ones each night or layer serums based on your skin that day.  It was super helpful and interesting!

Re: Skin Care Routine

@KatieSanders 

-Should I add a serum to my routine? Is it necessary? It can’t hurt to add a serum to your routine. You have to find one that fits your needs like brightness, texture, acne, dryness, etc 

some good ones are Drunk Elephant C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum 

The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Kiehl's Since 1851 Daily Reviving Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 ml 

Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 ml 

-Eye cream recommendations? 
Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

-Moisturizer recommendations? 
Tatcha The Silk Cream 1.7 / 50 

Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing