Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Shiny/oily looking makeup

Hi guys, I’m new to doing my makeup and I notice that after about an hour of doing my face... my nose, cheek, and middle forehead area is really shiny (almost oily looking). What can I do about that? I’m using the fenty makeup and when I went to sephora, I was asked what kind of skin I have and I told her it’s a mix. Any ideas or tips?

RE: Shiny/oily looking makeup

Hi CaramelNYC86, I have combination to oily skin too. So I think my idea will help you. First of all, I always use moisturiser before my makeup. Because when your face doesn't moist enough, your face willautomatically produce more oil so It will make your base looks more oily ( hope you understand what I mean). 2nd, use primer on the oily area.Use primer with silicone in it and remember to double clean your face at the end of the day so the silicone will not stuck in your pores ( it will cause black head and more oil if your pores are not clean). 3nd,use loose powder on the oily area. And set your skin with setting spray.Moreover, you can use oil plotting paper but don't use more than 2 times a day. Use oil-free products Or use foundation with water base might help as well.

Re: Shiny/oily looking makeup

@CaramelNYC86 @You can use a mattifying primer like MAC skin refined zone on places you get more oily. 

Re: Shiny/oily looking makeup

Hi @CaramelNYC86!

Having oily skin is the worst!  What products or techniques did Sephora recommend for you?

Drinking water and having a good skincare routine helps.  I use Cetaphil cleanser for normal to oily skin, toner, serum, treatment (for oily skin and acne), lightweight moisturizer, and sunscreen.

Primer is super important.  My favorites are the oil free Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL and Tatcha The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer 1.0 oz / 30 mL.

The foundation I'm using is Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 2W1 Dawn (not this color).  This foundation doesn't make my skin look or feel as oily, even when I forget to use primer.  Hourglass Immaculate® Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free Chestnut (not this color) is good too, since it's oil free.

After foundation and concealer, I use a big fluffy brush and set it with Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent.   You can dust some on throughout the day or use blotting sheets.

RE: Re: Shiny/oily looking makeup

Hi! Thank you so much! I’m going to try some of the products that you recommended! I do have a cleansing routine, but I think that I have to switch it up! I’m going to try to go to sephora to see what they recommend! Thanks luv!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing