Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

SPF Moisturizer

Hello!  I have been using Rodan & Fields Unblemish moisturizer for years, but want to switch to something non-MLM.  I have combination skin and in the winter, my skin very dry and tight, but can break out if I use a product that is too heavy.  I also want something mattifying, with SPF, and ideally something I can use year round.  Does this unicorn of a product exist?

Re: SPF Moisturizer

The unicorn product you're describing is Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL it's quite pricey but it's amazing both alone and under makeup leaves a silky-smooth matte finish. This also doubles up as a primer. I've been a die hard user of this product and have tried to "branch out" to find something less expensive with similar performance but nothing has even come close. My skin is also combination and can vary from very dry in the winter to very oily in the summer. I would try to get a sample of this from your local sephora, I think you would really like this.

Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  has worked well for me. It's a bit on the pricier side, but it's one of the few where I've not had issues with breakouts - and a lot of SPF products make me break out. The LaRoche Posay Anthelios line has some good, less-expensive options, as does ELTA MD.

I've only used samples, but this sounds a lot like Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++  to me.  They have more mattifying products, but there's always the risk of over drying.  In any event, it's a great brand with a huge selection, so try reading through reviews.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing