Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

RN seeking amazing foundation

Hey everyone! I am a registered nurse and I would love your input on a great foundation! I work 12 hr shifts on a busy unit. I have combo skin, but mostly dry. My t zone, especially my nose, gets SUPER oily throughout the day. I usually don’t touch up at work, but I’m looking for a foundation that will last the day with me! I’ve tried Smash Box and enjoyed that. I’m currently using TooFaced but not loving it. I used it today and looked like a greasy hot dog! Thanks for your thoughts!!

Re: RN seeking amazing foundation

I have struggled with this problem for years. As crazy as it sounds, I have been using Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless Foundation recently. As long as I apply it with a sponge, it stays looking great throughout the day! No oiliness. Yay!

Fellow RN here.  My over and over again repurchase for work is the La Mer Soft Fluid Long Wear foundation.  I pair it with whatever primer I'm into at the moment and then set it with the Urban Decay All Nighter and I'm still looking good when I get home 14 hours later.  It is amazing stuff.  Pricey, but I always purchase during one of the 20% sales.

RN seeking amazing foundation

hey! I am the same. I use elf poreless primer and urban decay's naked line that just came out. I love it!!

@hrmcguire I highly recommend Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation. This summer I wore it through a two-day music festival, standing in the sun for 12+ hours (it was about 35 degrees Celcius), and at the end of the day it somehow still looked great. I don't know of any other foundation that would have held up through that. My skin is fairly dry, but I have heard that this foundation works well for oily and combo skin as well. 🙂

RE: RN seeking amazing foundation

I have the same problem, i have been trying Dior backstage and it’s pretty good. My favorite one was from naked skin but they changed the formula 🥺, get a sample of Dior and try it 🙂

RE: RN seeking amazing foundation

Fenty helps try buying both the matte and hydrating foundation and use them both on the areas that are appropriate
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing