Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Primer Recommendations ?

I use the j one, primer (the red package) and I absolutely love it but I just notice that Sephora isn’t selling it anymore so I want to find a good second that’s available, if you know about the j one primer than you know it’s hydrating but has a sticky affect which I love because I don’t need to moisturize every time I put makeup on and the foundation still sticks and Nikki tutorials once said it was a dupe for the expensive 200$ Sisley primer, which is what attracted me to it. I’ve used the silk canvas, and I like it but I don’t love it, my combo skin it doesn’t work on every part of my face, especially the nose( a lot of breakage happens when I don’t use a sticky primer) and ive used a whole bunch of primers but none have worked like the j one, so please any recommendations help!

RE: Primer Recommendations ?

Bobbi Brown Radiance is a nice primer too. I love that it has SPF 35 in it (so that’s one less step) and I find my foundation sticks way longer in my T zone (I’m more oily there and that’s an area where my foundation always begins to break). This primer doesn’t do much in terms of hydration. But it doesn’t dry you either. So that’s why I make sure my face skin routine gives me that extra boost in my drier areas. On days where I’m feeling particularly dry, I’ve used the coconut primer by First Aid Beauty.

Re: Primer Recommendations ?

I would try Tarte Base Tape Primer. It is super hydrating but has that 'sticky' feel that you're looking for. I got it as a trial and while I have very oily skin (so it did not work well for me) I can see someone who has dry skin or wanting a hydrating primer to use in place of a moisturizer using it. I would give it a try!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing