Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Oily skin, now super dry. HELP!

Okay beauties, I typically have super super oily skin. I recently tried Mario Badescu's drying lotion. Applied it to a few spots about 2 weeks ago, and now those spots are still large dry patches. I thought maybe it was just the drying lotion, but now I even have dry spots on my eyelids (wth!!). I'm at a loss! Help!! (just for reference, I recently also started exclusively using Peter Thomas Roth facial cleansers around the same time I used the drying lotion) Has anyone had the same drying effect with PTR cleansers?

Re: Oily skin, now super dry. HELP!

Hey!

Have not used PTR cleansers, however, I have used some cleansing products in the past that have strangely dried out my skin. (Same applies for acne-fighting products). Have you tried using a toner + facial oil to balance the skin after you use your cleansing products? I had my issues several years ago and found these steps / products to be very helpful as many products can have interesting effects on our skin, especially when they are targetted for specific concerns (such as my breakouts).

I would heavily recommend the EVIAN - Brumisateur® Natural Mineral Water Facial Spray as an easy yet calming "toner". You mentioned the dryness being on your eyelids and this products is safe to spray all over your face, unlike some toners or face oils. After you spray, wait 30 seconds and gently press the excess spray into the skin! As for face oils, I would recommend Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, an absolutely fabulous product for moisturizing and rebalancing the skin (duh it's in the name). Again, apply by gently pressing into the skin and allowing the products a good 30 seconds to soak in before applying your moisturizer. 

HOPE THIS HELPED!!! (also maybe opt for a heavier moisturizer?? I use the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Butter for the face as a nice, nighttime moisturizer). 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing