Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Oily skin around the eyes

The skin around my eyes tends to always be oily, even in the dead of winter when the rest of my face feels like sandpaper. I feel like no matter how I apply it, concealer/colour corrector just moves around on top of the skin until it eventually melts off.

I've tried various setting powders, but honestly, I hate the way they look and feel. I'm nearing 40 and find I've been veering away from using powders more and more because they stick to every laugh line on my face.

Any suggestions for a mattifying eye primer to use in the undereye area?

Re: Oily skin around the eyes

Hi @JennyRengood,

The good thing is that oily eyelids age much slower because the moisture helps prevent wrinkles. I also have oily lids and understand the struggle (it's real!). As an eyeshadow primer, I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Original. Underneath the eyes, I recommend Becca's Under Eye Primer. It's specifically designed to help concealer and under eye products stay put. It also has skincare benefits such as cucumber and green tea. I hope this helps!

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Re: Oily skin around the eyes

Thanks, Penelope!

I picked up the Becca primer and a sample of the Urban Decay you recommended. I've been testing them out for about a week, and while I haven't quite made up my mind about Urban Decay, Becca has been a Godsend!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing