Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Oily nose but drying causes peeling skin?

I have combo skin and I get very oily around my nose area and often have breakouts there. I use many products that help with acne but they seem to dry it out (which helps the pimples) but also makes my skin peel up. There seems to be lots of dead skin that I’ve never seen before, even though I exfoliate on a weekly basis. I use lotion on my nose, but I find that I need more now which makes it too oily (I use a combo skin lotion on my nose.) putting any makeup on top just looks crusty and breaks apart, which never happens anywhere else on my face. any tips?

Re: Oily nose but drying causes peeling skin?

I don't know if we're allowed to suggest products that Sephora doesn't sell, since this is their message board, and all, but Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum is the ONLY product that has EVER helped the skin issues that I've had on my nose, and the issues I've had seem to match the issues you're describing. You can find the Regenerist line in most drug stores.

Re: Oily nose but drying causes peeling skin?

I have the exact same problem, the only thing that's worked well for me is Clinique's moisture surge. It hydrates without producing oils, my only complaint is that it comes in a tub and me being the germaphobe that I am don't like putting my fingers in there then getting bacteria on my face, even if I just washed my hands.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing