Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Oily / Combination t-zone

Hi! What products and brands do you recommend  for combination t-zone?? My face always looks oily and dull during the day!!!! 

Re: Oily / Combination t-zone

@anghelala  Try OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL  and Origins Original Skin™ Matte Moisturizer with Willowherb 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Do you have any products that you're currently using, @anghelala or are you looking to build a routine from scratch. If you're just starting out, you'll want to focus on building the basics of gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen before adding in too many treatment products, as that can lead to irritation. 

Hi, I’m currently using Clinique cleanser, glow toner, glow moisturizer, and glow plump serum! They are good products but they somehow don’t work on my skin as my number problem right now is my t-zone!

@anghelala Do you mean the Glow Recipe watermelon toner, plum serum, and watermelon moisturizer? If so, you may just need to play around with different products. I know the GR watermelon line has not worked well for me. If the Clinique cleanser you're using is the regular facial soap, it should be ok as long as your skin is happy with it. A different moisturizer like belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb Deco or something light like that layered with a hydrating toner or serum might be a good place to start. Then you may want to consider something that contains niacinamide or salicylic acid for helping to control the oiliness. 

Hi @anghelala ! 
Step 1 Cleanser: I would suggest Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL .

I would follow that with Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL or Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Oil Control Toner 4 oz/ 120 mL , which are both oil balancing.

A serum suggestion is Glow Recipe Pineapple Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL or The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL .

Moisturizer is essential for all skin types! I love SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL 💧

Sunscreen should be worn every day Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions, have a wonderful day😊

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing