Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin

Need suggestions skin care

Hi! I am looking for advice on skin cleanser, masks, anything that could help with breakouts, blackheads, oily skin and enlarged pores.

I don't really have a skin routine other than wash it twice a day with products I get at the drugstore.  

But I've always had blackheads issue, shine on forehead, enlarged pores.  

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions!!

Re: Need suggestions skin care

@Funnylady37 Developing a routine can be hard, esp when you're integrating multiple products.  I rec trying one thing at a time so you know what's working for you.  To begin with, I rec a gentle liquid cleanser.  My fave is First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser .  

Once you identify if this works for you or not, I highly rec a BHA product by Paula's Choice.  They come in 1, 2, 4 and 9%.  Start with the 2% and take it from there.  Sephora sells Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant .  BHA is amazing for fighting blackheads.

As for breakouts, a benzoyl peroxide product is good for spot treatments.  I like Clean & Clear Persa-gel.  Target makes a knock-off that is probably just as effective.  

Clay masks are also good for excess oil.  My fave is innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL .  Sephora had it on sale recently.

Oil blotting sheets can also really help when used regularly.  Target makes nice ones.

I like mechanical scrubs for keeping blackheads away, although I think the BHA is much better.  I've been using Kiehl's Since 1851 Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion 2.5 oz/ 75 mL and liking it.  It is a little on the abrasive side, which I like but I know isn't for everyone.

If you still feel like you're struggling, consider OTC Differin.  I think the Rx version works better, though.  You can ask your derm if you are a candidate for the Rx, or Retin-A.

Best of luck!  Let us know how it goes 🙂

Re: Need suggestions skin care

Wow ! Thank you for the suggestions!  I will definitely look into it and get myself into a real skin routine! 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing