Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Need More Coverage - Moving on From NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisurizer

I am 49 and have loved my NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in ALASKA for about 4 years.  However, I am noticing that it doesn't really give me the coverage I need for all of my age spots and dark patches.  I luckily have very few wrinkles, but I do have some dry patches especially around my eyes and lips.  Can someone please recommend a compatible choice to replace this? 

Will be used with my other 'swear by' every day products:  NARS Radiance Primer, Bobbi Brown Corrector in Lt Bisque, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in custard, MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in soft Ochre as eyelid base, Laura Mercier Translucent lose setting powder (Or as I call it, 'Magic Powder').

Re: Need More Coverage - Moving on From NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisurizer

Hi @CynPiz,

I suggest checking out Make Up Forever's Liquid Lift Foundation. This is a lightweight, and oil free foundation. It provides medium coverage and a dewy, natural finish. 

I also suggest checking out the Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Smoothing Firming Foundation SPF 20. I think this one is more comparable since it does have SPF. 

I hope this helps!

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thanks Janean - I definitely want to try those...Do you know what color matches the NARS Alaska in those brands?

I am not sure it would be considered "compatible" in that the finish is not the same but I regularly use the nars tinted moisturizer for less make up days and I recently purchased the Hourglass vanish foundation stick and I am loving it. As long as I use a primer I do not find that it clings to dry patches and is really smooth and almost feels like I am wearing nothing but provides full coverage. As someone who has used both products the foundation stick does not make me feel like I am wearing a ton of stuff on my face in comparison to the tinted moisturizer. 

Also, if you are still looking for some lighter makeup days and want to use the tinted moisturizer I recommend picking up the nars matte concealer that comes in a pot. It provides significantly more concealing coverage as compared to the nars radiant creamy concealer. 

Thanks Kim888 - By any chance do you know how I can find the matching color in the Hourglass vanish?

@CynPiz I got matched in the store which I think is the best way to go. If you can't get to a store then you could try the temptalia shade matrix online. It allows you to put in your current make up shades and then you can search recommendations for what your shade in a certain brand will be. So you could put in the NARS tint in your color and any other foundations you have and then refine your results to hourglass -- cream finish. I tested this out and it gave me 3 possible hourglass shade results one of which Is the one I have so that could help you narrow it down 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing