Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
Anonymous Insider

My makeup looks cakey and doesn’t cover my freckles.

I’m a beginner at makeup and I decided to purchase the It CC cream and the concealer. Whenever I apply it, it looks cakey and doesn’t cover my freckles, but instead turns it into a grayish color. Any tips on how to make it less cakey and more full coverage? I would hate to go through the hassle to return it so I’m trying to find ways to make it work.

Re: My makeup looks cakey and doesn’t cover my freckles.

CC creams/foundations tend to have a greyish tint with sunscreen as a general rule (the It Works! foundation is kind of known for this) so if you're looking for something to cover up the freckles I'd recommend a normal, buildable foundation to cover up anything extra without turning cake-y :~) high end I recommend NARS Sheer Glow and Maybeline Fit Me or L'Oreal Infallible for drugstore. Best of luck! Feel free to ask any other questions :~)

Re: My makeup looks cakey and doesn’t cover my freckles.

@Anonymous It may be how your applying the product.  I would recommend a beauty blender or sponge.  You have to make sure that it is blended out evenly and to not to use a ton of product.  The grayish color could be how it's oxidizing and may not be the right color for you.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: My makeup looks cakey and doesn’t cover my freckles.

Thank you for replying! The thing is, it only turns gray on some of my freckles, since some of them are darker than others. I didn’t know if color correcting could work, and if so, what color would I have to buy?

Re: RE: Re: My makeup looks cakey and doesn’t cover my freckles.

You can use concealer to hide them

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: RE: Re: My makeup looks cakey and doesn’t cover my freckles.

I do use concealer. I use the It concealer in shade light medium, but it doesn’t seem to disappear with concealer and foundation.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing