Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Must haves for over 40??

Hi everyone. What are some must have products for combo, large pores, and almost 50 yr old skin? I have double wear, flawless filter, benefit primer, Lancôme le base, Nars liquid blush, and several other but I’m looking to take advantage of the 20% off and add some new things to my arsenal. 

Re: Must haves for over 40??

Absolute MUST HAVE Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster 1 oz/ 30 mL 💧💦 i put it on before double wear then I put a few drops on my sponge with double wear so that the foundation doesn’t suck all the moisture out of my

skin. This product is a god send. As we age our skin gets depleted of moisture, this little gem instantly absorbs and boots hydration. It’s pricey but I’ll never be without.  @Nurseyaya 

I'm in my forties and people never guess my age. Obviously don't smoke and drink a ton of water but you already know that. My daily routine is exfoliate using the Flawless brush and the Philosophy Purity cleanser. Another good cleanser I use for my oily-combination skin is Tatcha The Deep Cleanse. Great if you have large pores. The philosophy cleanser is more affordable. Afterwards, I use the Visonnaire serum by Lancome. It's on the pricey but's made for large pores. Another great serum I use that is more affordable is the Josie Maran Milk Serum that is made with argan oil. Argan oil actually HELPS with oily skin unlike the rest of the oils. The serum will hydrate your skin without clogging your pores. After the serum, I use the Aveno Positively Radiant Soy SPF 20.  Makeup products would be Bare Minerals Matte foundation (soaks up oil during the day) and Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. That's my routine for everything. 

I thought I'd have ideas because we're skin twins, but dang, I'm copying your list!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing